ht1250 series public safety mic

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kb9suy
What radios do you own?: too many!!

ht1250 series public safety mic

Post by kb9suy »

has anyone tried the public safety mics on the ht 1250s. I heard their was anew model made. the old ones didnt work. we tried on our vhf radios an it wouldnt recieve.
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Re: ht1250 series public safety mic

Post by Josh »

kb9suy wrote:has anyone tried the public safety mics on the ht 1250s. I heard their was anew model made. the old ones didnt work. we tried on our vhf radios an it wouldnt recieve.
I've got one, and I guess it's "the older one" as I don't think they've done any redesigning yet.

It works just fine.

A new model would change the way the RF is routed- and make it like the XTS series is with an RF adaptor on the side which would still allow use of the original antenna on the radio with the PS mic antenna.

-Josh
tom IL

Post by tom IL »

I seem to remember seeing some fine print for one of the ps mics, I think it was the 750/1250/1550, that said it was not intended for use on vhf radios.
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Post by Josh »

tom IL wrote:I seem to remember seeing some fine print for one of the ps mics, I think it was the 750/1250/1550, that said it was not intended for use on vhf radios.
It should work on a VHF radio- just slap a VHF antenna on it and you're all set.

I have no trouble with mine, it works fine- although it does look a bit awkward with a 5" antenna on top of the mic!

-Josh
craig

ps mic

Post by craig »

I spoke with a /\/\ rep today who told me that they are still redesigning the ps mic for the waris series (HT750, 1250, 1550). Motorola has missed it's launch date twice on this so they aren't giving a launch date now. They are working on re-routing the RF instead of through that "coffe cup hook" that they have been manufacturing since the waris series was new. There are two different models for UHF or VHF. Make sure you have the right one, or it won't work right. VHF is AAHMN9057C and UHF is AAHMN9054C. I would wait for the new one though. :wink:

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”