MCX1000 out of band

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

VE3TUH
What radios do you own?: more than I should...

MCX1000 out of band

Post by VE3TUH »

I need to program an MCX1000 a little out of band. this is a UHF low radio, goes to 430. RSS will let it go to 432. I have tried to change the model number in the RSS, it errors with "model number change not allowed", same with range change, " range change not allowed". I see under model specific info on this site that I should be able to change these fields in the RSS, is there something that I am missing? I have tried both ver R01.01.00 and ver R02.02.00 RSS, same results. Thanks!
VE3TUH

Post by VE3TUH »

bump?
10-95
Fail 001 "Brain out of Lock"

Post by 10-95 »

I believe you neede to create the codeplug for the radio with the proper split and enter everything that you need in that split, then go back to the bandsplit window and change it to high split, then enter all the high split stuff, after doing that go back and change the bandsplit back to low before dumping in the codeplug and it should take it that way with the out of band stuff. I hope this makes sense, it's been a while since I've done this trick.

10-95
Znarx

Post by Znarx »

The only time I've tried to bandsplit mod an MCX1000, I was going from vhf lo to vhf hi....changed the split in the RSS then...had to go into the VCO module (there are a number of conductive coating jumpers determining split)... to go from low to high, I had to try and reassemble some jumpers (not successful)...if you are trying to go higher...you'll probably have to cut one of the jumpers...someone with a manual may be able to give you more info

...Z
10-95
Fail 001 "Brain out of Lock"

Post by 10-95 »

I have used the above described procedure on a 136-162Mhz split to program in some 165 mhz frequencys with no problems. Are you sure you mean an MCX1000 or are you talking about an MCX100, the MCX1000 is pretty much tunable for either split rather easily. I think he just wants to go slightly out of band, when he enters in the high stuff he just needs to change the bandsplit back to low before dumping the codeplug back in, and the high stuff will still be there.

10-95
Last edited by 10-95 on Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Znarx

Post by Znarx »

you are correct SAH!...sheesh..I gotta get new glasses...HE HE

....Z
VE3TUH

Post by VE3TUH »

Yep, its a 1000. I cant seem to be able to change the bandsplit in the RSS for some reason. Just wondering if anybody else has had any success with doing this, and what ver RSS they are able to do this with. I seem to be stumped.
VE3TUH

Post by VE3TUH »

wonder why I have to search for this topic, for some reason it doesnt just appear in the general discussion forum.
VE3TUH

Post by VE3TUH »

OK, I see now what is wrong, I think. The hint as posted in model specific info on the MCX-1000 only works on VHF radios, it does not work on UHF ones. Anybody with the RSS, try it, you can change the bandsplit on any VHF model, but not on any UHF model. I have 2 different RSS's, and they both behave the same. The bug in software that we use to fool the RSS appears to only work for VHF radios. Any comments from anybody more experienced? I may be missing something.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”