Wildacrd Modification

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

twowaytekk

Wildacrd Modification

Post by twowaytekk »

I am looking for the easiest way to modify the systems 9000 wildcard (used to control lighting application) so the two momentary buttons are just like the rest of the buttons? I do have a second wildcard to pick apart if needed. I thought about unsoldering the old and soldering in the new....but there must be a better way...perhaps a part replacement?

Thanks,
Mark
kc7gr
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Sunair (HF).

Re: Wildacrd Modification

Post by kc7gr »

twowaytekk wrote:I am looking for the easiest way to modify the systems 9000 wildcard (used to control lighting application) so the two momentary buttons are just like the rest of the buttons? I do have a second wildcard to pick apart if needed. I thought about unsoldering the old and soldering in the new....but there must be a better way...perhaps a part replacement?

Thanks,
Mark
Part replacement is indeed the way to go. I've done exactly as you describe on one of my own wildcards.

I don't have the part number for the locking switch handy, but they're still available from Motorola. Just order two, desolder the momentarys, and solder in the locking ones. The buttons are exactly the same.

Happy tweaking.
Bruce Lane, KC7GR
"Raf tras spintern. Raf tras spoit."
abbylind
What radios do you own?: What dont I own?

Post by abbylind »

Yep
Thats how you do it
Done it myself several times

Fowler
oamacgyver
New User

Post by oamacgyver »

Does any one know the part number for the locking switches? Thanks
Bigred
What radios do you own?: Junk that comes and goes...

Post by Bigred »

The only difference between the switches is the little bent wire that fits in the cog of the shaft. Easy to put in or take out.
Otherwise: Push/push switch 40 84324C01
Lots and lots of watts...
smokeybehr
What radios do you own?: Dozens. Want one? Email me.

Post by smokeybehr »

I like having the momentaries in there, but that's just me. It allows me to switch flash patterns on the lights, and I was thinking about adding a trunk pop or something like that. The original purpose was probably for gun locks or anything that just needed a momentary trigger to open a solenoid or start a timer.
No, I will not fix your computer. Call back during NORMAL business hours.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”