gm300 reading problem

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Enrique Torres

gm300 reading problem

Post by Enrique Torres »

Hello to everyone I am still having the reading problem with my vhf 16 Ch gm300. Here are the facts:
1) I hacked it to 40 CH with hex editing ( batlabs procedure )
2) I was able to change frecuencies with 40 ch at anytime.
3) The radio begun to have some audio problems.
4) I Took the radio for service, the audio problem was fixed, but the radio can not be read it anymore.
5) I was told that the radio was not read it.
6) I do not think it is a corrupted codeplug, because the radio was not reprogrammed.
7) I got error 7 opcode on both serial ports ( 1,2 ), well when I use f3 to test communicatios I got radio ok for a second and then error 7 on both ports.
8 ) I am using an original rib with 12 v dc power.
9) I tried with several programming cables.
10 ) I reinstalled the rss, no good answer
11) I am using a slow dos pc.
12) I checked the control head and saw that the audio board is ok every thing seems to be on its place.
13) I tried to check port communications with raidusmobile rss and got "the radio must be powered" on both ports.

What can be wrong with this radio?? :cry:
Thanks for reading.
Luis
Jim202

Re: gm300 reading problem

Post by Jim202 »

[quote="Enrique Torres"]Hello to everyone I am still having the reading problem with my vhf 16 Ch gm300. Here are the facts:
1) I hacked it to 40 CH with hex editing ( batlabs procedure )
2) I was able to change frecuencies with 40 ch at anytime.
3) The radio begun to have some audio problems.
4) I Took the radio for service, the audio problem was fixed, but the radio can not be read it anymore.
5) I was told that the radio was not read it.
What can be wrong with this radio?? :cry:
Thanks for reading.
Luis[/quote]

When you HEX edited the MDF file and radio, you created a code plug that can only be read with the hacked HEX modified RSS on your computer. It will not be able to be read by any normal RSS. When you reloaded the RSS, you wiped out the modified HEX MDF file in the RSS. If you were not smart and saved another copy of the MDF file, you will have to HEX edit the MDF file again to recreate the modified radio code plug.

Jim
Enrique Torres

gm300 reading problem

Post by Enrique Torres »

Hello, thanks for answering.
Yes of course I saved the hacked rss. further more I know that if I read the radio with normal rss I will get only 16 ch.
I tried this with and earlier rss version and got the same problem.
The problem is that there is no good communications between the rib and the radio. I tried to have service modifications and got that the radio must be powered on.
doi

Post by doi »

if the radio was opened look at the microphone conenctor. there might be something as a bad contact etc.
see you
dan yo2llq

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”