HT1550 XLS zone selection buttons - I don't want them!

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Hightower

HT1550 XLS zone selection buttons - I don't want them!

Post by Hightower »

The HT1550 has a dedicated left and right arrow button that switches zones. I don't want that. I have found no way to disable the Zone selection fron the Left/Right arrows. Am I overlooking something?

What I'm after is how the Zones are selected in the HT1250 - you have to go into a menu, and select the Zone from there.

:D :)
werdnuts
Batboard $upporter

Post by werdnuts »

i hate that feature too! it can really ruin your day. if anyone knows the answer to this...

(sady Hightower, i think we are screwed.)
-werdnuts

VoIP# BAT-CRAP (2727)
Znarx

Post by Znarx »

to temporarily disable the zone buttons, remove the face plate and add a touch of silicone over the conductive pads of the zone buttons, this makes it easier to re-enable if necessary

...Z
werdnuts
Batboard $upporter

Post by werdnuts »

not quite the solution we are looking for
-werdnuts

VoIP# BAT-CRAP (2727)
Charlie

HT1250 zone feature

Post by Charlie »

The latest firmware flash for the HT1250 allows you to finally make one of the programmable buttons a ZONE button. This will save you from the tedious task of changing zones through the menu. It's about time..........
E911EMT
What radios do you own?: Icom ICF3061, Kenwood TK2180

Post by E911EMT »

Just have KeyPad Lock Enabled on one of the buttons so that u cant change zones...
E911EMT
718 this is EMS
Can You Hear me Now?
werdnuts
Batboard $upporter

Post by werdnuts »

Yeah... that is what i do now, but if your radio gets bumped off, the keypad lock is disabled upon power up. the left right should simply be a on off feature in the CPS. the idiot who designed this feature never actually used one of these radios.
-werdnuts

VoIP# BAT-CRAP (2727)
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

I tried everything I could think of, but no real success. My guess is that this "problem" could be rectified by new CPS or maybe a firmware update. The HT1550 is such a nice radio, with a small (but aggravating) bug.

If ya silicon the left/right arrows, then how would you navigate through the menus? Maybe I'm missing something :-?

If I come up with something, will most definently post it here. Didn't realize this "bug" bothers more than just me :)

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”