HT 1000 help

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kmoose
Batboard $upporter

HT 1000 help

Post by kmoose »

Ok, I just put a new VHF Transceiver board in an HT 1000. When I powered it up, I have no audio at all(no power up beep, no unsquelched audio, nothing). I also have no PTT. I know I need to go back and check all of the flex cable connections, and the "jumper cable" between the Controller Board and the Transceiver board. Other than that, is there any kind of programming "magic" that I have to do? Like when you change controller boards and have to intialize it?
Rick Rock

ht problem

Post by Rick Rock »

I'm presuming that the battery is charged up... Are you getting a green light on top when it powers on? If so, try reading the radio with RSS, go into radio-wide configuration, under other options and turn on the self-check beep and all the other beeps you may want.
The Batlounge admin
http://www.batlounge.us
OX

Post by OX »

You shouldn't need to init the board. You can try in case it's a virgin board but most likely it has already been done. Sounds to me like you have a more critical problem with the new controller, possibly on the connecter itself or with the Audio Amp.
ALF 935

Post by ALF 935 »

Is the option board disabled in the RSS?
Jimmy
"well, well, well, A drunk driver doesn't go out and drive once drunk now do they?"
kmoose
Batboard $upporter

Post by kmoose »

Well, I have to admit that my problem, initially, was a dead battery. *wipes some of the egg off of his face* But. my bigger problem, and the reason I replaced the Transceiver board in the first place, is that I have TERRIBLE sensitivity. I did try aligning it with the RSS squech adjust and the front end bandpass filter alignment. The bandpass filter alignment went fine, but the squelch alignment was kind of funky. I normally set the radios to open squelch at -120 dBm, regardless of SINAD. This way, theoretically, all of our portables will open squelch at the same received signal strength. So I set my service monitor to output a -120dBm, standard mod. signal (1Khz tone, 3Khz deviation). When I went to set the squelch, I could adjust it low enough to open, but it would open to just a carrier (white noise), no discriminated audio. I don't get discriminated audio until I reach about -80dBm on the service monitor. The fact that the adjustment made a difference in where the squelch broke led me to believe that the Controller Board was probably ok. But it does the same thing with a new Transceiver board, so I guess I need to put a new controller board into it now. Does this make sense to you techs out there, or am I missing something?
Will

Post by Will »

There are two alignment sections for the Receiver, RF front END AND squelch for 25khz, 20khz AND 12.5khz. Also the VCO Crosover point which can make a receiver very insensitivitve. When changing the RF board all the alignment points have to be checked as each board is different. Then you also must do all the transmit settings too.
kmoose
Batboard $upporter

Post by kmoose »

Thanks, Will. I missed the VCO Crossover point. I will try that.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”