anyopne deal with panik?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Astro_Saber
Fail 01/90

Post by Astro_Saber »

He seems to be a ass and refuses to return emails in regards to his products. does he not give a rats ass unless your a big buisness?

I'm thinking of actually paying retail for what I need through motorola cause hes such a ass.
vcaruso
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

Post by vcaruso »

Go for it I am still waiting for an e-mail reply from abou a year ago
Monty
Administrator

Post by Monty »

Hi:

I have always had favorable luck with
John, but always keep this in mind. John
works with his wife, and they do have a
large scale business which sometimes does
get bogged down. He has " Several " phone
numbers which you should be able to either
leave a message or try " Early " in the Mornings

Emails are pretty good for records, but unless the person READS the email you could
be out a few days....A Phone Call is immediate.

" Any " Person / dealer that sells / buys
on the internet will sometimes " Favor "
a High-End deal, and leave the other guy
holding....It seems to be happening more
and more these days.

SO its really left up to the " BUYER " if interested to follow up...Dealers sometimes
get side tracked, forget, or are paying
attention to a alternate problem....So if you
are after someting I would recommend getting
a PHONE NUMBER, Time to Call, Perhaps a address so you can Express Mail a payment
and that will make the seller happy.

Also, be warned, many sellers are requiring
a Postal Money order ONLY, so you need to
prepare for that issue as well if you want
a item. Don't like the terms, buy elsewhere.

As they say, its he who gets there 1st wins.

If you are not happy with the terms, look
elsewhere for another dealer that is perhaps
more in tune with your needs.

Monty
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Post by MT2000 man »

I personally had no problems with his services (although all I did was ask him a question about his products ) He replied to me via. E-mail within the week.
raymond345

Post by raymond345 »

Met him At Dayton Ohio At Hamvention.
He is a wheeler Dealer but he is
hard to get great deals from.
Astro_Saber
Fail 01/90

Post by Astro_Saber »

well I'm trying to find out a part number and if its what I want but I guess he prefers to keep stock instead of sell
vcaruso
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

Post by vcaruso »

Monty,

The company I am with is busy and we do over 10 mil a year in business not in the radio field but in the energy services field and unless things are diferent in the the two way business it is alway good business practice to return a phone call or an e-mail in a timely fashion even if it is a note telling you I will get back to you in x number of days or weeks. I have delt with you and I know it is not your practice to leave a person hanging. so no matter how busy a person or company gets the practice of not responding is not a good one.
If business is thst good hire someone to answer e-mails an phone calls.
Bob

Post by Bob »

As an individual, I have dealt with him on several occasions... both on ebay and off. He always returned my email promptly, and was pleasant to deal with on the phone. I haven't dealt with him recently though... it was all before he moved.
hycheng

Post by hycheng »

I've done business with him through both email and phone. No problem on both.
Al

Post by Al »

I've always done business with him on the phone, and he's always been good that way. I can't say I've been overwhelmed by his "good" prices(he's pretty proud of his stuff), but he *will* deal some if it's an item that's a slow mover, probably the same as any guy in business would do.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

I have bought a couple of things from him, and always recieved an email back in a timely matter, but this was most likely over a year ago. I think his prices are WAY to high for some of the older equipment, but it has always been in working order and cosmestically good. But for over $1500 for some x9000 equipment, I'd rather take my chances with Ebay.
Elroy Jetson

Post by Elroy Jetson »

I've even done some work for him. He's a nice guy, but he works too hard and he's overworked anyway. He'll deal with you and give your money back or replace defective equipment if you're not happy (within a reasonable period of time) but yes, some of his prices are a bit optimistic. Still, if he has an item you're looking for and nobody else does...

He's the sort seems like he'd rather make a dollar an hour than a nickel a minute. He ends up being well stocked, as a result, but apparently he does all right in spite of himself.

I really don't think he'd ever intentionally screw somebody, but to him, business is business. If you're ever at a police auction and he's bidding on stuff, if you want it, you'd better bid like you want it, because if you tell him you just want a little and you can't afford to bid on the whole lot, so please do you a favor and give you a fair price, he'll give you the same price his customers will get. He doesn't play that game. If you want it, bid like you want it.

He's there to make money to feed a family, and that's what he does.

Elroy
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

I have dealt with John Panik on 2 different occasions. First is when my fire dept was buying pagers I had 2 dump trucks worth of questions about what he had in stock. To help answer my questions he conferenced me with a tech at Motorola to help answer some technical questions. He also refered me to somewhere that I could go to help solve some issue with what he had(wrong frequency primarily). It was a 45 minute long distance phone call for me but a lot was accomplished by it. I found that if you talk to him like a human and not try to swindle him he'll work with you. FD decided to go somewhere else for the pagers and got screwed on them though. Second time I bought a Keyloading cable and a charger from him. Gave me prices, options on used equipment if I wanted to save some money and did everything right over the phone. If I remember correctly he even sent me an e-mail with a UPS tracking number. I have nothing but praise because of those 2 experiences I had. And would have no problem going to him if I need anything else. Prices are a little high but I think it's worth it for the service I received.
Jonathan KC8RYW

Post by Jonathan KC8RYW »

On 2002-03-07 23:04, Elroy Jetson wrote:
If you're ever at a police auction and he's bidding on stuff, if you want it, you'd better bid like you want it, because if you tell him you just want a little and you can't afford to bid on the whole lot, so please do you a favor and give you a fair price, he'll give you the same price his customers will get. He doesn't play that game.
I don't want to be difficult, but I'm having a little trouble understanding this excelent run-on sentence.
73 DE KC8RYW
Random Motorola Part Number:
SYN1894B - V3m Sprint-branded Battery Cover
bls106

Post by bls106 »

I've dealt with John a few times. Four to be exact. There will not be a fifth. But as my mother once said, 'if you can't say something nice about someone... don't say anything at all'.

Here is what I wish to say about my dealings with Mr. Panik: "...". end of statement.
BDB

Post by BDB »

I've dealt with John Panik several times and I have always had good luck. His pricing definitely isn't the lowest but his item descriptions are honest and he has a decent inventory. If you aren't happy with an item you can return it and he doesn't give you flak about it either. I know exactly what Elroy is talking about regarding Panik and auctions - He is a very high bidder and if you are bidding against him you best have deep pockets.
Astro_Saber
Fail 01/90

Post by Astro_Saber »

I wonder if this is hwat all his used equipment looks like

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1338440835

guess the guy thought he could lasso a moving vehicle
hycheng

Post by hycheng »

Astro,
What's up with this bashing. You haven't even do business with this person. If you want it cheap go ebay, if you want it new go //ot. He is just a dealer trying to make a living. Try to find another place on the web with his inventory and a cheaper price and you will be my hero.
dfc2

Post by dfc2 »

I have dealt with him 2 times. 1st time, after many e mails setting the deal up. I ship my stuff, 2 months later, still no stuff....only after many more e mails do I get my stuff minus a few things....never did get the deal he agreeded to...second transaction ( I guess that makes me the fool...) I never got ANYTHING.....another month of e mails....nothing.....not worth the trouble..........Never again.....a friend in another state said the same thing....seems to forget what deal he made......make him ship forst if your trading equipment...only good thing I can say is he has almost anything you might be looking for.....
Nick

Post by Nick »

On 2002-03-07 19:50, Astro_Saber wrote:
He seems to be a ass and refuses to return emails in regards to his products. does he not give a rats ass unless your a big buisness?

I'm thinking of actually paying retail for what I need through motorola cause hes such a ass.
**Maybe he reads your posts!**

I bought 2 Saber III's and a Spectra A7 of him a few years ago without a problem.
/\/\y 2 cents
On Moderation
What radios do you own?: iPhone, Blackberry, HT220

Post by /\/\y 2 cents »

I think we should all embrace john and what he does, after all What he has going for him is pretty much what all of us would like to be doing. He is an entrepreneur who has built a steady business (not to mention stockroom) doing what he likes to do. Many of the items he has in stock are extremely hard to come by now-a-days ,and he can help many of us in the radio business in tight situations when we have a customer with older legacy equipment, and every other radio dealer can't figure out how to aquire that old prom programmer, or get a old micor comparitor for a 20 year old system.What if getting that part for the customer makes you the new company to maintain it and sell future add on's and take over the account. John should be considered an asset to alot of us that have goals of taking over an area and becoming the premier service and sales provider because he gives you options that make transition easier for a customer. I think all of you should put him in your rolodex, because I can guarantee you eventually you will need to give him a ring for that part or radio that is pretty much impossible to find. Best part of all, hes 100% legit to boot. I would like to see him on here participating in these forums, im sure he could all teach us something about the biz.

PS I have ordered a few odd ball items from him and they were always on time, and in better condition then described or I had pictured in my head.
/\/\y 2 cents
On Moderation
What radios do you own?: iPhone, Blackberry, HT220

Post by /\/\y 2 cents »

I think we should all embrace john and what he does, after all What he has going for him is pretty much what all of us would like to be doing. He is an entrepreneur who has built a steady business (not to mention stockroom) doing what he likes to do. Many of the items he has in stock are extremely hard to come by now-a-days ,and he can help many of us in the radio business in tight situations when we have a customer with older legacy equipment, and every other radio dealer can't figure out how to aquire that old prom programmer, or get a old micor comparitor for a 20 year old system.What if getting that part for the customer makes you the new company to maintain it and sell future add on's and take over the account. John should be considered an asset to alot of us that have goals of taking over an area and becoming the premier service and sales provider because he gives you options that make transition easier for a customer. I think all of you should put him in your rolodex, because I can guarantee you eventually you will need to give him a ring for that part or radio that is pretty much impossible to find. Best part of all, hes 100% legit to boot. I would like to see him on here participating in these forums, im sure he could all teach us something about the biz.

PS I have ordered a few odd ball items from him and they were always on time, and in better condition then described or I had pictured in my head.
Dave

Post by Dave »

You use the word ass way too many times in your blurb of a post. See if anyone is selling a thesaurus on ebay next time.

On 2002-03-07 19:50, Astro_Saber wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dave on 2002-03-11 16:00 ]</font>
Jaqx

Post by Jaqx »

I've dealt with John twice. Once on an eBay purchase and once on a direct sale to him. Both times I had very good, if a little short email communications from him.

I had good experiences both times. When I purchased, he sent the items as promised and when I sold he gave me a fair price and sent the check in a timely manner. And, the check was good!!!

Mr. Personality he’s not. Mr. Reliable? So far, so good for me. If I needed something that he had and I could get together on a price with him, I wouldn’t hesitate.

Just my uninvited comments………….
KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

Post by KitN1MCC »

I have had some good dealing with john way back when he 1st started out. I have not picked anything up from him in a while. but then i did it was always good ealings a good price. I just can not find his list anymore if he still Puts one out.

I have Purchsed a few good maratracs from him
Blitzbug2u

Post by Blitzbug2u »

Have dealt with him a few times--always happy with my purchases--has been a "streight shooter" with me--AOK as far as I am concerned. Rick.
jwood

Post by jwood »

I have emailed john as well as purchased a few Items for a Motorola Syntor XX and have had no problem with his equiptment nor communications with him...

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”