ht600 cloning

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

lunzac
What radios do you own?: HT1250, XPR6550, XPR7550

ht600 cloning

Post by lunzac »

hi
i have a 6 channel p200, three 6 channel ht600's and 3 2 channel ht600's. i am wondering if i can clone the personality of the p200 to either the 2 or 6 channel ht600s, or both. on the 2 channel ht600s it would be ok if only the first two channels got programmed. im not trying to convert the 2 channel radios to 6 channel radios.

thanks

-zach
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

Yes to all of those cloning combinations.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

A little more info for you...

There is no physical difference between 2 & 6 channel HT600's, other than the little tab that limits the channel switch movement in the 2 channel versions. There is a bit in the codeplug which tells the radio whether it's 2 or 6 channels. This is easily changed simply by cloning a 6 channel codeplug into a 2 channel radio...or vice versa. You can even create a 6 channel codeplug with the HT600 RSS & dump it into a 2 channel radio & it'll work.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

Other than using 2to6.exe, is there any simple way (maybe by hex editing a file or two) to convert a 2ch radio to a 6ch radio? I don't think RSS can do this automagically.

If I grabbed a 2ch code plug, could that be easily edited and reloaded to turn the radio into a 6ch? Are there checksums involved? Is this procedure documented somewhere on the BBS?

Obviously I've already removed the 2ch switch lock. I'm just interested in firmware or software mods for these units.

Bob M.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I did it myself years ago, just created a 6 channel codeplug & dumped it in & it worked. I do recall Elroy posting the same thing a couple of years ago, so you should try it & see if it works.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
raymond345

2to6.exe is fast

Post by raymond345 »

the 2 to 6 exe program takes 10 secs to go from
2 channels to 6 channels.
press two keys and it is complete.
VE3TUH
What radios do you own?: more than I should...

HT600 cloning

Post by VE3TUH »

I just did this myself. Creating a new codeplug, or dumping a valid 6 channel codeplug into the radio, did not work. The channels showed they were there in software, but in operation channels 1 and 2 repeat through channel selections 1 through 6. I had to use toolkit to modify the software in the radio, then it worked like a charm. [ Moderated ]

Please follow the forum rules piror to posting

MS
raymond345

ve3tuh-dayton 2 to 6 exe the only way

Post by raymond345 »

ve3tuh did you miss the exit to canada when
you left dayton?

Well we only use 2 t0 6 exe to change the p200/ht600
portables.

going to ottawa for monday.

raymond345 ham & eggs

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”