GM1200E display backlight question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

sq5ag

GM1200E display backlight question

Post by sq5ag »

Hello everybody!

I just got a brand new UHF GM1200E (K6 version: full display and keypad) and after programming it on ham frequencies I discovered a small problem (well, actually it's not very serious, but just a bit annoying).
The display backlight doesn't want to lit up on conventionnal personnalities.

When I'm programming a trunked MPT1327 personnality, there's an option that allows me to program the way the backlight acts: it can be either disabled, active for 10 sec when a key is pressed, or active all the time.
So, when using this trunked personnality, everything works OK.

Now, when programming conventionnal personnalities, there is obviously no option that would allow me to set the backlight's behaviour.
When I reboot the radio in the conventionnal personality of my choice, the display's backlight goes up for a second or two during the self-test, then it goes off (the display itself works OK, since it shows everything it is supposed to show).

Any ideas how to make it work?
I'm using another GM1200E in a ham repeater as a receiver, and the light is active on it all the time, on the programmed conventionnal personnality, so obviously I should be able to make the other radio act the same way.

Thanks!

Adam
SQ5AG - SP/F4DDP
doi

Post by doi »

i had a gm1200 and all i had to do was to program in the trunk personality the radio had how i wanted it to behave and it was "copied" to conventional. perhaps you have more than one trunk personality. try deleting them until you have only one, then set the backlight... or maybe set the backlight the way you want in all the trunk personalities.

just a guess....
see you
dan yo2llq
sq5ag

Post by sq5ag »

Hi!

Well, I tried some manipulations, but it doesn't help :-(
Only the trunked personnalities behave the way I want. The conventionnal ones completely ignore these settings. The number of personnalities doesn't have any influence neither.

Quite strange...

For your information, I use the GM1200E DPS R00.01.02 (16 July 1998)

Adam
SQ5AG - SP/F4DDP
sq5ag

Post by sq5ag »

Hi!

Fixed it :D

I installed a newer DPS package (R00.01.05), and it had all the missing options in the conventionnal personnalities menu.

Adam
SQ5AG - SP/F4DDP
Andreas
What radios do you own?: radios

Post by Andreas »

This problem should be the old firmware inside.
Radios with old firmware are often have a very short TOT,in the conventional mode too.

Andreas

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”