Interesting Market Customised Waris Radio (CDM1250)

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Nickdap

Interesting Market Customised Waris Radio (CDM1250)

Post by Nickdap »

Motorola GM CBPRO (CDM1250)

Seems to run on the UHF CB Service that is in use in Australia and apparantly in NZ too.

http://www.comzone.co.nz/GMCBPRO.aspx

This radio is also available in Australia for around $499.00...according to a website I found.

what do you think?
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Pretty sweet CB radio is what I think...never seen anything like that around here...

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

and hopefully we wont! all those evil little UHF CB waves running around, causing chaos.....
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

It's rather expensive for a CB.

Unless it's also programmable for PMR use, it's not worth the money, even if it's Motorola. I can buy a very good UHF CB[1] for $390 AUD (Icom IC-400PRO, which is a IC-F210 with different firmware) that supports an additional 88 channels at up to 25W, and can easily be made face programmable. This radio doesn't even scan all 40 channels (max 16 in the scanlist), which is really a requirement when on the road with a UHFCB.

If it's actually a rebadged CDM or proper commerical radio, on the other hand, it's an excellent deal :)

[1] http://www.icom.net.au/2000_web/products/uhf/400pro.htm
Will

Post by Will »

Only 5 watts!!! Is that the TX power limit on UHF CB in AUS.?
10-95
Fail 001 "Brain out of Lock"

Post by 10-95 »

I wonder if you can stick a programming cable in and use some version of waris cps to reprogram that baby!

Frank
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

Will wrote:Only 5 watts!!! Is that the TX power limit on UHF CB in AUS.?
Yep, although many run 25W (or 100W on imported Spectras, much to the ACA, our FCC's distaste). You can get some really good distance if you have a good antenna system. With a 1/2-wave antenna on my handheld, I can usually hear a repeater 60 miles away reasonably clearly, and occasionally key it. I can get through no trouble while mobile, and this is with the repeater running 5W into a 6dBi collinear up on a small hill somewhere.

At home, I break squelch on the RYN02 repeater 300 miles away under good conditions using a 12dBi collinear fed by RG213. On my 15 element yagi, I can have a mostly noise-free QSO with the guys driving rubbish packers at a dump 130 miles away at any time. If it wasn't for the big hill in the way, I could probably also hit that town's repeater, which is a further 20 miles.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”