"EEPRM CS ERROR" in HT1250

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kf4sqb
What radios do you own?: I can't enter that much....

"EEPRM CS ERROR" in HT1250

Post by kf4sqb »

I really did it this time. Got in too big a hurry programming an HT1250. I thought the write process was finished, so I turned the radio off to unhook the cable. Very shortly after I turned the radio off, the error message "Write failed" appeared on the computer screen. When I powered the radio back up, I got the dreaded low pitched beep, and the display showed "EEPRM CS ERROR". I tried to re-write it, but of course that didn't work. In desperation, I even tried to read it, but that also didn't work. Now that I have corrupted the codeplug's checksum, what can I do short of sending it to the depot? I read on the Batlabs site about the "upgrading" procedure for correcting this, but I don't have to equipment to do that. What are my option?
kf4sqb "at" wetsnet "dot" com

Look for the new "Jedi" series portables!

Bat-Phone= BAT-CAVE (2283)

-.- .. ....- -.-. -.-- . .. ... -- -.-- -... .-. --- - .... . .-. .-.-.-
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

You could try the firmware upgrade restore trick. It will, however, require a second radio, of the same model, with an older firmware version.

You take a working radio in need of a firmware upgrade, and start the upgrade process. Once the upgrade software reads the firmware information and announces that it is ready to proceed with the upgrade, switch radios.

It has been detailed here a few times in the past recently. I'll see if I can find one of the threads.
Amateurs train until they can do it right. Professionals train until they cannot do it wrong.
Monty
Administrator

Post by Monty »

HI:

If you wish to keep your radio the same, I have
been very sucessfull in restoring those radios, and
many times you can keep the same firmware and
the RSS version you have without having to upgrde
your RSS.

Anyhow, I can do it for considerably less than the
Depot.

Email me direct @ msisco9939@aol.com if you are
not able to resore it yourself.

Monty
kf4sqb
What radios do you own?: I can't enter that much....

Re: "EEPRM CS ERROR" in HT1250

Post by kf4sqb »

humhead wrote:You could try the firmware upgrade restore trick.
kf4sqb wrote: I read on the Batlabs site about the "upgrading" procedure for correcting this, but I don't have to equipment to do that.
Humhead, I already stated that I don't have the proper equipment to do this. Monty, I may have to take you up on that offer.
kf4sqb "at" wetsnet "dot" com

Look for the new "Jedi" series portables!

Bat-Phone= BAT-CAVE (2283)

-.- .. ....- -.-. -.-- . .. ... -- -.-- -... .-. --- - .... . .-. .-.-.-
Cowthief
Fail 01/90

Monty.

Post by Cowthief »

Hello.

There are only a few that can restore a radio.
Monty is one.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”