HT1000 aftermarket cable

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dxon2m

HT1000 aftermarket cable

Post by dxon2m »

I will be getting a aftermarket RIB in a few days and I would like to know which RIB to Cable are good in terms of price and quality. I came across this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 90119&rd=1 on ebay and I'm wondering if anyone has experience dealing with his product. I'm trying to keep the budget down below $50

Thanks
kmoose
Batboard $upporter

Post by kmoose »

*dons his Monty mask and makes a sign of the cross*

Many here will tell you that they cannot stress enough, the importance of the RIB and cable connections. If there is any way you can squeeze some more blood out of that turnip, I suggest that you look at buying the OEM RIB and cable. Taking chances with the aftermarket stuff is just not worth it. If I am remembering correctly, Monty used to tell people, "If you can't afford OEM, look into the Sandy Ganz RIBs." Don't hold me to that, though. I am sure others will chip in here and correct me, if I am wrong.
dxon2m

Post by dxon2m »

The one I'm getting is indeed Sandy RIB from radiostew..
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

I agree with kmoose.. proper programming platform and equipment are of the utmost importance to the long life of your radio.

The only other RIB that I have seen that works well are the black cased mini-RIBs I had posted about a few months ago. Very nice little units... not sure if they are still be sold on the Bay or not, but when they were the Buy It Now was like $20 with $30 shipping. So $50 for a decent little RIB in my book is a good deal.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
dxon2m

Post by dxon2m »

Anyone know? Who has/made decent cables?
jhook

ht 1000 cable

Post by jhook »

i bought mine through radio stew it is the next best thing to factory made from all new part's
Jhook
BAT9228
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I made a few of my own with a good DB25 connector & some old HT1000 speaker/mic cables. I like the fact the cords are coiled, it allows for good flexibility.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”