Motorola DTR550

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n9upc

Motorola DTR550

Post by n9upc »

Motorola DTR550

It is a new two way all digital (FHSS digital technology) consumer job site kind of radio.

My question is does this radio being in 900MHz work with the nextels that do Direct Talk????
" ah the fatman made a funny!" - Stewie from the family guy.

I went to the doctor and all he did was just suck blood. Never go to Dr Acula - M. Hedberg
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

Very highly unlikely.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

These look like really nifty little radios... would be great for dayton (not many people using them *YET* and spread spectrum.....)

From what I understand, they are all 900mhz.

-Alex
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

How much do these cost? DTR550 and DTR650

Thanks
n9upc

Post by n9upc »

Cost (suggested Retail) about $200's if I remember correctly.

They use the same sort of calling set-up as Nextel kind of does with the private one to one call, group call, or selective group call.

Each radio has an ID that you must use to call the other one and as an added feature you can send short text messages between units.

There is another model which is a little higher end whivh is the DTR650 which can send commands like remote monitor, call alert, etc...

Not bad for little two way radios for the features versus the price.

Radios are in the 900Mhz ISM band, are 1 watt of power, and use FHDSS (freq. Hopping Digital Spread Spectrum) so no moniotring is allowed???

I went to the doctor and all he did was just suck blood. Never go to Dr Acula - M. Hedberg
cgroftmc

Post by cgroftmc »

I just looked at BearCom and they have them listed for $385. Seems a little high, but BearCom usually is.

Craig
n9upc

Post by n9upc »

Bearcom -> ha ha ha ha

I would not buy from them even if I had to as they are, YES, very very HIGH!

I did some research and you can get them for high 200's.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”