Programming a JT1000

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KD5NBU

Programming a JT1000

Post by KD5NBU »

Hello all,

I just recently Purchased a UHF Motorola JT1000, and i love it! I got a very good deal on it, i got the JT1000 w/Speaker mic and rapid charger, a UHF GP300 with charger and a UHF P1225 with charger and extra batteries for all 3 radios, all for $400!!, It that kewl or what? Now i know that the JT1000 is field programmable with the keypad and a programming key attached. I managed to get ahold of the programming key, but there is a problem, i can't figure out how to program it. I know Motorola has 2 manuals that can be purchased that explains how to program the radio. What i am posting about today is that i am looking for anyone who may have some of these manuals for sale or maybe can just explain the steps to doing this. Now i am on i tight budget and am not able to spend much. So if anyone can help me out, please e-mail me with info.

Thanks & 73's, Jon
KD5NBU :roll:
*Motorola Collector*
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

Jon: Most of what you probably need to know at this point is located at http://www.batlabs.com under "model specific information" where you will find a JT-1000 section, codeplug data, password data, etc. etc. etc.

Batlabs is the "parent" of this board.

Tom, W2NJS
...in D.C.
PCSAR 4x4 652

Post by PCSAR 4x4 652 »

Betchya didn't know you can jumper two pins inside and not need the programming key anymore. :lol:
T. Freeman
Pierce Co. Sheriff SAR 4x4 Unit 652
Tactical Area Communications Unit 705
N9LLO

Post by N9LLO »

If you do the jumper mod you wont be able to use a speaker mic any more. Do the codeplug mod and you wont need the silly key anymore.

Chris
Jack

Post by Jack »

N9LLO wrote:If you do the jumper mod you wont be able to use a speaker mic any more. Do the codeplug mod and you wont need the silly key anymore.

Chris
That's what I did. Love it! For the original poster, just hit the right or left arrow and enter the password, then you're on your way. I think the default is "JT1000"

Jack
Susan157

JT1000 Codeplug

Post by Susan157 »

:wink:
You need to read the radio first, then allow it to have the user program it.
then do the codeplug mod and u are off.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”