PR1500 VHF? Anyone have any good news about it?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

chipjumper
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 for work

PR1500 VHF? Anyone have any good news about it?

Post by chipjumper »

I was told that the PR1500 is the "replacement" for the HT1000. Has anyone used one/test one? Wadda yah think?

"A pint of sweat saves a gallon of blood." -Patton
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Post by The Pager Geek »

I've had mine for several months, as well as an agency with several. All good things to report. Nothing negative as yet.

Too bad they on't fit into the HT1000 Vehicle charges...

tpg
Experienced Provider of Useless Information
chipjumper
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 for work

Post by chipjumper »

TPG - good to hear from yah; so would you refer to this as a HT1000 replacement? Does it take XTS batteries?

"A pint of sweat saves a gallon of blood." -Patton
Crimestopper

Post by Crimestopper »

Have 2 demo 1500's and they work great. However they seem a little bottom heavy. Go with the lit ion battery if you are ordering...
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

We have a VHF unit out on demo to a salt mine. They are heavy HT1000 & MT1000 users. We turned the power down to 1-watt as per their regulations. So far, they like the physical build of the radio, but it apparently isn't performing as well as the HT/MT radios through the mine's leaky feed repeater system. We are checking into it to see if it's a possible antenna matching issue or similar. The unit works perfectly to specs according to our service monitor.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

Aside from a few firmware issues, I'm happy with my 1500 so far.
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Post by The Pager Geek »

chipjumper wrote:TPG - good to hear from yah; so would you refer to this as a HT1000 replacement? Does it take XTS batteries?
Out of the selection of Motorola available radios... yes, this would be the HT1000 replacement. The PR860 I had had poor performance compared to that of the ht100 or pr1500.

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... ght=pr1500

This post was also about the PR vs HT.

tpg
Experienced Provider of Useless Information
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

Saw a grey import PR860 a couple of weeks ago. It looks like a cheap piece of crap compared to the PR1500.
wkr518

Re: PR1500 VHF? Anyone have any good news about it?

Post by wkr518 »

chipjumper wrote:I was told that the PR1500 is the "replacement" for the HT1000. Has anyone used one/test one? Wadda yah think?
We demo'ed 2 pairs of VHF 1500 for a Fire Dept.They are looking to buy some when thier Grant comes through.They also liked the prospect of a P25 upgrade for 2006 ( after July or so).
They found the TX/RX better than thier HT1000/MT1000 and better than the 1250s thier line officers carried.It does take some of the HT1000 accessories,which they were concerned about.
Wayne
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

wavetar wrote:We have a VHF unit out on demo to a salt mine. They are heavy HT1000 & MT1000 users. We turned the power down to 1-watt as per their regulations. So far, they like the physical build of the radio, but it apparently isn't performing as well as the HT/MT radios through the mine's leaky feed repeater system. We are checking into it to see if it's a possible antenna matching issue or similar. The unit works perfectly to specs according to our service monitor.

Todd
After a site visit, it was determined the actual issue was a damaged leaky-feed antenna cable. The PR1500 actually performs as good or better than the HT/MT1000 units. The customer likes them and just ordered 10 units.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
wkr518

Re: PR1500 VHF? Anyone have any good news about it?

Post by wkr518 »

chipjumper wrote:I was told that the PR1500 is the "replacement" for the HT1000. Has anyone used one/test one? Wadda yah think?
Ran into some Railway Police who had the PR1500 for 4 months now.They have nothing but good to report on it.One guy even traded his XTS2500 for a 1500.Only gripe was no display to read what channel they were on.
Wayne
ku4zs1

Post by ku4zs1 »

How much are these radios running new? Just roughly.
precoislen

Post by precoislen »

ku4zs1 wrote:How much are these radios running new? Just roughly.
$1200.00 is the list price.

I just got one two weeks ago, and it appears to be a great radio so far.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

I don't know what it is with the fire & police departments around here but I can't give the pr1500's away. everyone wants a display. i've had one on the shelf for about 6 months now. I can't even get theese guys to take it and try it. But I think the radio works great myself.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
BPD109
Batboard $upporter

Post by BPD109 »

Part of the reason that people want displays isn't by choice, believe me. For instance, should we obtain grant funding to purchase radios from the feds, they mandate at least 48 channels, a display, and IMBE.

Not like they are making things easy for agencies that don't have the scratch to drop on an XTS..
You can only buy so many bags of lime before people begin asking questions...
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

Anyone care to guess what it is going to cost up upgrade to P-25 this summer?

My guess is $365 for the upgrade.
wkr518

Post by wkr518 »

Hightower wrote:Anyone care to guess what it is going to cost up upgrade to P-25 this summer?

My guess is $365 for the upgrade.
I have heard anywhere between $300 to $575 per subscription ( per radio).I wonder if that upgrade would be covered in any of the Grants available to Fire/PS.Curious to see how this P25 upgrade plays out.
Wayne

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”