Your pride and joy ! ! !

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

flashport

Your pride and joy ! ! !

Post by flashport »

Just something a little different, tell us which piece of hardware is your pride and joy and why ? Also, feel free to post pics if you like. I shall post a pic of my new XTS5k tomorrow when i get a digital camera.

Have fun
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

My VHF XTS3000 Model 1. Best radio I've ever owned. (Being 16, it's the best I could afford at my age anyways.)

-Ray
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

Rayjk110 wrote:My VHF XTS3000 Model 1. Best radio I've ever owned. (Being 16, it's the best I could afford at my age anyways.)

-Ray
When I was 16, I didn't have enough money to put gas in my vehicle. Where in the hell did you get the money for an XTS3000??
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

It was done thru a trade at a Hamfest.
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

My pride and joy would have to be Baby, my COM-120B. Of course, I'm trying to lay claim to one of the prototype 2975's as well, to go with my 1600 and my AN920, but the 1600 and the 920 are sick right now while Baby is still in there swinging.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
DaBigBR

Post by DaBigBR »

The C7 spectra in my car...but there's nothing special about that.
carbineone

Post by carbineone »

My Motorola Urc-110 and lst-5b.
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

My XTS5000R VHF mod 2. In my opinion, it has to have the best reception and audio quality that I have heard from a conventional portable.

-Marc
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

My favorite has to be my IFR 1200 super 'S', fully loaded.

Of the radios, it will be my entire Saber lineup...sensitive front ends, great channel capacity and that 'Oh-so-sexy' look too!

I've probably owned over a thousand radios, but the best service I've ever had has been my Sabers...I may never buy another new Circle-M radio, but I doubt I'd ever sell my last.

Line up as many radios as you can find, and the ONE radio that will ALWAYS be recognized immediately will be a SABER!

Boxes come and go, but that design IS the mark of excellence now passed into radio history.

I may despise Circle-M for how they work, but the Saber will NEVER be out-designed judging from what's offered now.
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

My Simoco SRM9030 UHF mobile radio.

25W, 1000 channels, 250 scanlists/votegroups, MPT-1327 trunking, 5-tone signalling, head with graphical LCD, hands free mic, handset, built in support for 1200 or 2400 baud data (external equipment or text messaging straight off the front panel), free programming software (hear that /\/\?)
MRFLASHPORT

Post by MRFLASHPORT »

My SP-10 has been my pride and joy for over 15 years! Still works as it did when I bought it.
MrFlashPort
stay-con

Re: Your pride and joy ! ! !

Post by stay-con »

flashport wrote:which piece of hardware is your pride and joy and why ? Also, feel free to post pics if you like.

You KNEW someobody was going to do this. Right?

Jeff
Emoticons are the wheel chair ramps for the emotionally handicapped.
hareless

Post by hareless »

Thats pretty expensive Pride and Joy.Paul
deep in the heart of taxes
akardam

Post by akardam »

Well, my pride and joy as far as fancy radios goes is my Astro Saber III UHF... but it's kind of a house queen these days (except it did get a generous helping of dust out on the playa - that was fun to clean).

In terms of my all around most usefull pride and joy I'd have to say it'd be a toss up between my Syntor X9000 Lowband and my Kenwood D700... (yes, I mentioned a ham radio - it has built in APRS capability and can crossband for a poor man's extender, both of which are tres bien in my book :P).
boylo

Post by boylo »

I only own one radio a Tait 2020 UHF mobile.

My work has some good stuff including a personal issue XTS5000, a couple of Tait analog portables but the nicest piece of kit is the IFR2975.

Well done Wowbagger and Aeroflex.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Guys -- I'm going to let this topic go - but we have to get back on track and keep the OT stuff off of here. I'm just as guilty as the rest of us in this respect as well - but we are going to be cracking down on this more than we have in the past month or so that we may have been lax.

If it's an OLD discussion topic that you bump up, it won't be closed - but if new topics surface.. the'll be zapped, locked or otherwise wiped off the planet without notice.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
mikegilbert
What radios do you own?: All of them

Post by mikegilbert »

My pride and joy....I guess a XTS3000 UHF 403-470 in a yellow XTS3500R case is kind of like a red-headed stepchild. Oh well.

-Mike
radiokid

Post by radiokid »

My pride and joy, would have to be the Spectra SIU VHF version in the car.

Radio Kid
K8TEK
"Dark Chocolate"
What radios do you own?: Dynatac

Post by K8TEK »

My pride and joy? My FPP Railroad Spectra :lol:
K8TEK::Tim
Batman
What radios do you own?: JT1000, Spectras, CB-555, 540

Post by Batman »

My New Condition VHF Analog Secure Saber III w/ SVA and accessories.

Only thing that will replace it is a Astro Saber III UHF/800 and Accessories if/when the need arises.

Our county has licensed a Astro TRS on UHF-T Band, but that system is probably 5 to 10 yrs. in the future.

800 for NJSP when they go astro, if they go full time encryption it will really stink.

Doubt our county will encrypt the RACES people would have a Corinary :)
Thank You,

Robert
flashport

Post by flashport »

Here is a pick of my new XTS5000 UHF Hi Split

A good friend would bail you out of jail, but a true friend would say "man, that was fun wasn't it"
wa2zdy

Post by wa2zdy »

I still have a soft spot for the MT500. But right now I'm rather attached to my near-mint MT2000. I wish I could justify the expense for a UHF A4 but alas for UHF the D model HT1000 will suffice.

Old technology aside, I have a really soft spot for my Syntor X too. That 32 mode Systems 90 control head is just sexy - maybe because to John Q Public it's rather unusual looking.

And oh yeah, OT but I like my Kenwood TS480 too.
Chris,
Hamming 31 years
http://www.wa2zdy.com
Wesley Chapel, Pasco County, Florida
Snow? What's that?!
The human race is proof that Darwin was wrong.
stay-con

Re: Your pride and joy ! ! !

Post by stay-con »

flashport wrote:tell us which piece of hardware is your pride and joy and why ?
Ok, this is really tricky, 'cause I have a lot of stuff. And being a collector, well, it's all my pride and joy. But I think the thing I love the most is the Astro Specta UHF mobile in the work truck with the Systems 9000 siren/PA unit and the extra DEK boxes.

Second runner up would be my R2018 service monitor.

Jeff
Emoticons are the wheel chair ramps for the emotionally handicapped.
Renamon

Post by Renamon »

My VHF XTS5K III is mine now...

I am "proud" of this radio - One of my HT1250's got run over by like 5 cars and like a big rig (left it on the roof and drove away). When I realized what happened, I went back and found it in the street in 2 pieces (radio, batt). I put the battery back on and the sucker powered up fine. Only cosmetic damage... I still cannot believe that a HT1250 survived that...

My other thing is my ICS OlyArms CAR-97 flat-top (detach. carry handle) w/ RAS. Not a radio, but just as fun...

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”