CANADIAN MOTOROLA ROGERS MAJESTIC

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

Hello. This question is for the oldtimers north of the border. Years ago in the 60's growing up in Montreal I was playing with some Motorola Twin V's. The factory ID plate said Motorola but also Rogers Majestic. I think they were the distributors for Motorola in Canada. As I saw newer radios after that the Rogers name appeared no more. Do they have anything to do with Rogers Cantel? The Canadian ATT cell phone equivilent. Anyone know for sure? GARY N4KVE
Nand

Post by Nand »

Nickb

Post by Nickb »

I worked for Moto Canada in the 80's.

AFAIK:

Yes, it is all the same 'Rogers'.

Rogers-Majestic built radios under license until Motorola decided to build their own factory in Toronto (around 1968 I believe it was).

That factory was bulldozed about 10 years ago and the real-estate re-developed. Hence, Motorola no longer makes radios in Canada.
They retained a small engineering development group that I heard is soon to be disbanded as well.

Nick
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Did you know Eric Meth? He worked for Motorola in Montreal, then transfered to Toronto? Thanks for the answer GARY N4KVE
Nand

Post by Nand »

Known Eric personally for over 25 years.

Nand.
ve3ei

Someone looking for me??

Post by ve3ei »

Actually, Rogers is not associated with Motorola other than being a customer for its cellhones
I have not been on in a long while but just to let everyone know I am still alive, active in Ham Radio, Land Mobile Radio (not with Mother) and enjoying my Grandchildren (now don't you all feel old?)
You can find me on APRS as ve3ei-9
I will check back later. 73
Eric Meth ve3ei
866-932-9526 (TF Can & US)
Eric Meth ve3ei
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Hello Eric. You probably don't remember me but maybe my Dad. VE2QL Bill. I'm his son Gary who moved to Florida. N4KVE. I'm still friends with Steve VE2FSQ. Also Ed VE2BAQ
, and Howard, VE2AED. We were all friends growing up. Glad to hear your OK. My parents spend the winters in Hollywood Fl. Summers still in Montreal Glad to hear you're still around. I remember when Mother handed you a sledge hammer and said DESTROY. LOL 73 GARY N4KVE
ve3ei

Post by ve3ei »

Great Gary. I was not sure of the name, as I never knew the last one. How is your father? and where is he living in Montreal these days? I still get back there as I have a step-son living in Dollard so I am periodically there. I had been in Cornwall for the last 15 years but now live in Ontario's Banana Belt, in Niagara on the Lake. I am back to looking after ve3yyz and ve3mot in Toronto so it is almost as if I never left. 73 and type with you later.
Eric Meth ve3ei
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

My parents live accross the street from the Hampstead fire station on MacDonald, just north of Queen Mary. They sold their house in St. Agathe,and Cote St Luc. Moved into a real nice apt in Hampstead. They have a drop dead gorgeous condo on the beach in Hollywood Fl. Just saw them yesterday in Atlanta for a big family do. They'll be in Florida Wednesday. Drop me a PM if you want their phone # in case you come to Florida. Take care Eric. I'll tell my Dad I spoke to you. 73's GARY N4KVE
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Not to be a pain in the arse -- if you guys want to chit chat, feel free to take this to PM's or email. It's not something that the whole board needs to read up on :).

Glad to see you guys caught up, and sorry for the admin note, I just need to keep things on topic!

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

You're right. It's been 35 years. Eric my e-mail address is MOONBOOTS774@YAHOO.COM Thanks GARY

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”