HT1550XLS BAD AUDIO

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

muggsy09

HT1550XLS BAD AUDIO

Post by muggsy09 »

Hello all, I just bought an HT1550XLS UHF and the audio quality is awful. I get a hissing noise in the backround when I transmitt and receive. Any idea's on how I can correct the problem. The radio has the new firmware R05.09.06 Thanks in advance.
K8TEK
"Dark Chocolate"
What radios do you own?: Dynatac

Post by K8TEK »

Check to see if your mic gain is set to 25.5dB, accessory to 28.5dB and emergency to 25.5dB
K8TEK::Tim
muggsy09

Post by muggsy09 »

Checked the gains all as above
craig

Post by craig »

Make sure all of the expansion and compression is shut off for each personality in the advanced tab.
FMROB

Post by FMROB »

Get used to it, All of the new HT 1250/1550 have horrible over no matter what you do... Sorry to break the news.
elkbow

Post by elkbow »

FMROB wrote:Get used to it, All of the new HT 1250/1550 have horrible over no matter what you do... Sorry to break the news.
not really, you have to play with the compression and expansion....there was a link on here that said all the settings to get good audio...I guess I could look at my codeplug to figure it out....I have the HT's and MT's and they have good audio, the 1550 isn't quite as good, but its pretty close...
muggsy09

Post by muggsy09 »

craig wrote:Make sure all of the expansion and compression is shut off for each personality in the advanced tab.
I'll give that a try. I've been tinkering with it for a few days now, I'll keep trying.

Thanks to everyone for your help

Muggsy
Tony Soprano
Batboard $upporter

Post by Tony Soprano »

Also make sure that you enable De-emphasis and Pre-emphasis. Many people get so click-happy that they disable everything, where in fact this setting must be enabled, or you will get tinny audio for sure.

Tony
muggsy09

Post by muggsy09 »

Done! What an improvement. Thank you very much, I thought I would have to live with the tinny, hissy audio forever. I can't thank you guys enough. I would advise anyone with similar trouble to disable expansion and compression and enable De-emphasis and Pre-emphasis. :D

Thanks again,

Muggsy :D

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”