HT1250 "Local beep when waiting for repeater"?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Andrew111

HT1250 "Local beep when waiting for repeater"?

Post by Andrew111 »

Hi all, I'm new to this arena and now have responsability for the radios in my organization. I have been going through the CPS for the HT1250 and can't seem to find where to enable the radio to beep when you press the transmit button while waiting for the repeater. Any assistance here would be greatly apprecaited!

thank you!

-Andrew
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Re: HT1250 "Local beep when waiting for repeater"?

Post by Josh »

Andrew111 wrote:Hi all, I'm new to this arena and now have responsability for the radios in my organization. I have been going through the CPS for the HT1250 and can't seem to find where to enable the radio to beep when you press the transmit button while waiting for the repeater. Any assistance here would be greatly apprecaited!

thank you!

-Andrew
are you talking about a TX inhibit on busy tone? aka busy channel lock-out?

-Josh
arlojanis

Post by arlojanis »

Sounds like he wants LTR wait to talk. I think you check mark cue tone box.
"The world runs on radio."
Andrew111

Re: HT1250 "Local beep when waiting for repeater"?

Post by Andrew111 »

Josh wrote:
Andrew111 wrote:Hi all, I'm new to this arena and now have responsability for the radios in my organization. I have been going through the CPS for the HT1250 and can't seem to find where to enable the radio to beep when you press the transmit button while waiting for the repeater. Any assistance here would be greatly apprecaited!

thank you!

-Andrew
are you talking about a TX inhibit on busy tone? aka busy channel lock-out?

-Josh
Nope, I know that is already enabled... this is the beep when the repeater is not busy to force you to wait for it so you dont get clipped...

thanks, by the way, for the fast responses!
tom IL

Post by tom IL »

Well there is not really anything specifically for that but you could accomplish this by enabling MDC 1200 Pre- ID with Sidetone enabled.
Nand

Post by Nand »

It seems that you are looking for the beep that indicates that the repeater is free after the end of someone’s transmission. This often is called a courtesy beep. It is a function of the repeater and not the radio. Some repeater controllers can provide this feature.

Nand.
muggsy09

Post by muggsy09 »

Andrew, there are many beeps on HT1250s that are for may different things, but it sounds like you are looking for an MDC1200 sidetone type, ie: <hit PTT button> Beeeeep..... and then your ready to speak. Go to signalling and open MDC1 system, check the "sidetone" box and set the PTT ID for "Pre" not "Post" this should give you what you want. This is a per channel feature so you will need to enable it in channel personality as well it's been a while but I think its under the signalling tab, not sure.
jwb8734
What radios do you own?: To many Motorola and Vertex

Post by jwb8734 »

Post PTT is good for repeater for the reason the Pre PTT ID may cut the ID and keep another radios from decoding the ID. So I'd say set it to POST PTT. The other reason is Seconds cound in Public Safety. That 1 second on the Pre PTT could be the voice of a FF or PO calling for help.
transistor747
Batboard $upporter

pre vs post

Post by transistor747 »

Yep... pre ani is troublesome.
You cover up the word "don't" and all the other guys hear is "shoot".
"The state of the art may well have exceeded the state of the need"
tom IL

Post by tom IL »

I don’t think post will work for what he wants, if I am reading it right what he is trying to do is create an audible beep on the radio to force the user to wait for a key up lag on the repeater. Andrew111 can you confirm that this is what you are trying to do?
n5tbu

Post by n5tbu »

Sounds like he wants it to act like a trunking system,not gonna happen on a conventional system.
mod
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

All he wants is the sidetone to force people to wait so they don't clip themselves. Obviously he was unaware that the sidetone is actually a function of the pre-ID. I doubt he even needs the ID, he probably just wants the sidetone. I've done the same thing.

Setup MDC System 1 for pre-ID. Set the pretime for maybe 350ms and turn on the sidetone. That pre-time is the amount of time you get the sidetone for. 350 should be more than enough just to prevent voice clipping. Leave the bitsync packets set to 0. If you're not actually using the ID, you can make the ID# whatever you want, it doesn't matter.

In the personality configuration, go to the signalling tab and set it for TX MDC-1. Write the radio, that should do it.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”