HT750 cloning

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

EJStark

HT750 cloning

Post by EJStark »

I have been using the HT1250LS+ radios for several years and love the model. I bought a cloning cable for these radios so I could get new radios in the field more quickly. The problem is the cable came with no instructions on how to use it to clone my radios.

Can anyone help me find these instructions on the internet or tell me how to use the cable to clone a radio from an existing one?

Thanks,
Jeff
Last edited by EJStark on Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meridian

Post by Meridian »

Turn both radios off then connect them with the cable.
Turn the slave radio on. Do not turn the master on yet.
With the master still turned off, press and hold down the button just above the PTT switch and the button just below the PTT switch and then turn the master radio on.
EJStark

Post by EJStark »

That was much easier than I expected. This is really going to help us out. I appreciate your help Meridian. I know where to come for radio problems now.

Thanks again.
Jeff
EJStark

Post by EJStark »

This is working great with the HT1250's but what about cloning an HT750? Are the cloning directions identical or is there something else to making the HT750 work?
kmoose
Batboard $upporter

Post by kmoose »

EJStark wrote:This is working great with the HT1250's but what about cloning an HT750? Are the cloning directions identical or is there something else to making the HT750 work?
From the HT 750 Basic Service Manual....

1. Turn source and target radios off.

2. Connect cloning cable to side connector of both radios.

3. Turn on target radio.

4. On source radio, simultaneously press side buttons 1 and 2(the one above the PTT and the top one below), then turn radio on. Both radios produce a "clone entry" tone, and turn on their green LEDs.

5. Release both side buttons. The transfer process begins and may take one to three minutes.

6. When cloning is completed, both radios reset themselves and turn their green LEDs off.

7. Turn both radios off.

8. Disconnect the cloning cable and turn the radios back on for normal operation.

Note: Cloning can be performed only on radios with identical model numbers and software options.

That should get 'er done.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”