EX600XLS HELP!!! Screen contrast prob

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

giardinop
What radios do you own?: (2)HT 1250, EX 500, EX600 XLS

EX600XLS HELP!!! Screen contrast prob

Post by giardinop »

HELP!! :evil:
My Motorola EX600XLS screen has gone blank! The info on the screen is there but very faint. Is there a way to adjust the screen contrast? I was using the radio in a EX500 holster and it may have pushed a button combo that adjusted the contrast. The manual says nothing about adjusting contrast.

Any insight????? Help, I cant see what channel the radio is on!!!!
Paul :(
Communicating on......all /\/\ equipment
eboe

Post by eboe »

don't quote me on this, but i don't think there is a contrast adjustment on that radio. is it possible the radio took a good bump and something came loose? have you ever had it apart? maybe a clip on the LCD flex connector un-snapped?
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce and brave man, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain
giardinop

Post by giardinop »

Can't be a connector, the info is there on the screen it is just way too light to read unless you hold it at an angle and study it. If the backlight comes on it washes out the data (too bright) so you can't see it.

Sucks because I scan my agency and the surrounding cities.....I need to see what's in the window before I transmit or I could go over someone elses air.

It is also the only way to see what channel you are set on.
:evil: :evil: :evil:
giardinop

Post by giardinop »

Well, the radio is going out to the local /\/\ dealer for repair. Still under the 3 year warranty. I am hoping that it is not just a contrast setting. I hate to be without the EX. I'm stuck using my HT1250....good radio but no MDC and it's band split does not allow me on other agencies in ther area :cry:

I'll report my findings when it gets back from the shop....should anyone care....
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Why won't your ht1250 do mdc (it should if the has recent firmware) and what freqs are out of its band split?

Jason
giardinop

Post by giardinop »

The band split stops at 470. I need 477.15.
As far as the MDC....the CPS would not let me set it up. I've heard that 5AN versions of the HT don't/can't do MDC. I find that hard to believe but I struggled with the CPS to no end. I'll admit I'm no programming expert but I know my way around the program.
It's an HT 1250 LS that I got for very cheap......before I knew the model came in two band splits. Wish I had the other model :(

The 1250 works great otherwise. The EX has all the bells and whistles which is nice.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”