Motorola BPR40 by Mag-One ?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Motorola BPR40 by Mag-One ?

Post by RadioSouth »

Anybody get a hands on with one of these? What's 'M's relationship with Mag-One on this radio ?
Crimestopper

Post by Crimestopper »

Have not seen one yet...but it looks pretty cheap....sug list for them are
VHF 8 Channel 5 watts $233.00
UHF 8 Channel 4 watts $250.00

Mag one is doing a ton of accessories with Motorola and they are ok for the price. Note with mag one accessories they only carry a 6 month warranty, the radio has a full year. It looks like a better radio then the CP125, and close to performance such as the CP200. It also looks a little smaller then the CP200.
kb9suy
What radios do you own?: too many!!

Post by kb9suy »

They seem like pretty good little radios. Built pretty solid. The speakers mics are crap. Just a simple 8 channel no frills radio. Does have repeater talk around and scan. Not sure these will even be servicable most likely just throw aways. with the deal cos of $150 why not. It doesn't even look like a motorola radio more like a vertex.
wkr518

Re: Motorola BPR40 by Mag-One ?

Post by wkr518 »

RadioSouth wrote:Anybody get a hands on with one of these? What's 'M's relationship with Mag-One on this radio ?
Supposedly a smaller lightweight radio than CP200.Works on repeater and can be used low power 1-2 watts or full power 4-5 watt uhf/vhf.
Comes programmed with SP21/CP100 lowpower freqs on it.Not many accessories ( which are cheaper btw).
Have not even seen one but have orders for 60 units already.Mostly from Hospitals/Nursing Home where the staffers wanted smaller light weight radio that works on thier repeater system.Better these than thier Icom and Tekk portables.
Wayne
wkr518

Re: Motorola BPR40 by Mag-One ?

Post by wkr518 »

RadioSouth wrote:Anybody get a hands on with one of these? What's 'M's relationship with Mag-One on this radio ?
Finally got the BPR40 demo kits and the units we ordered.Demo Kit came with programming software and cable so will be programming them today.
Not too bad a radio.Have seen worse walkies before.A Midland /Maxon rep came in last year and I did not like what they had to offer.They did have a dual band VHF/UHF portable which was tempting.The BPR40 is better made than the Maxon/Midland stuff I have seen.We used to have Tekks for oour demo/rental pool.Been selling those on Ebay and other exchange groups to buy these BPR40 units.A good choice from now seeing these little radios.
The accessories are cheap,and look it too.But at least I can compete against competitor cheapo radios with these now.The price points are decent enough.
Wayne
posse401
What radios do you own?: MT2000, Saber I, SP50, Spectra

Post by posse401 »

Do we know if the accessories fit other Motorola radios? Like SP10, SP50, etc... I have a feeling we're picking some of these up at work for the office folks and need to know if we need to get new accessories.
wkr518

Post by wkr518 »

posse401 wrote:Do we know if the accessories fit other Motorola radios? Like SP10, SP50, etc... I have a feeling we're picking some of these up at work for the office folks and need to know if we need to get new accessories.
have not seen the accessories yet.But according to the accessory Matrix they are specific to the BPR only."M" seems to do this quite a bit to generate more accessory sales.They did it with the CP125/VL100 and the DTR.
I have seen the BPR on Ebay for $180 (vhf) and $190(uhf) with $12-15 s/h.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”