GP350 DC Power Problem....

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jistabout

GP350 DC Power Problem....

Post by jistabout »

Hi Everyone!

I have a GP350 which I use every day and it has a problem. The unit loses DC power and then re-inits whenever I move the case a certain way. Sometimes it will occur several times within a few seconds. I'm afraid that it might burn something out due to repeating surge currents or something.

I've tried different batteries, tried slightly bending the contacts on the radio for better contact, replaced the contacts on the radio with those from
another unit, checked the "other" contacts underneath the rear metal housing, nothing seems to work.

Anyone else experienced this? Help much appreciated. Thank you......

- Darrell
Aww screw it. I didn't wanna fool with it anymore anyhow.
arlojanis

Post by arlojanis »

It could be bad solder joints on the off-on switch or a bad switch.
"The world runs on radio."
Will

Post by Will »

And did anyone check the DC contacts on the main board? This IS part of any GP300/350 service. A simple soft pencil eraser is all you need, don't go wild with any contact so-called cleaners as that will distroy the contacs.

Probally time to dump the dirt out of the GP350 anyway!
jistabout

Post by jistabout »

Think mabye Will found the problem. I cleaned the DC contacts on the main board as he suggested and so far so good..........
Aww screw it. I didn't wanna fool with it anymore anyhow.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”