Job opening in Savannah, Ga.

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jayce
What radios do you own?: XTS/XTL & APX6000 & APX/XE

Job opening in Savannah, Ga.

Post by Jayce »

We're looking to hire a tech/installer/whatever. Familarity with Moto desired, component level troubleshooting skills a must. More info at http://www.savannahga.gov/cityweb/webdatabase.nsf.

We have a 6 site Smartzone 4.1 system (2 counties now, more to come), Centracom Gold dispatch center and one of the most beautiful cities in America. The pay isn't as good as it should be, but we have fun at work and no one looking over your shoulder - good working conditions. And we haven't had a hurricane since the 60's!!!!!!!!!
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

Payscale is not comensurant of the skill level required...... if I was looking at the right job listing that is.

Fun & "no one looking over your shoulder" won't support the wife and kids........ and multipul girlfriends. :wink: :wink: :wink:

SG
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Yeah what's worse.. they are only paying $14.66/hr for a police officer with POST certification? And it looks like the radio tech starts at a higher wage than the police officer? Sure glad I don't live anywhere near there... :o
Dan562
What radios do you own?: Kenwood, Yaesu, ICOM, Motorola

Post by Dan562 »

Wasn't there a book written about Savannah, Georgia?

"The Garden of Good Working Conditions and Evil Pay Scales" :lol:
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

geez... where I'm at it took me 5 or 6 years to get up to that payscale...

first thing monday morning I think I'm going to go kick my boss in the bojangles.. ;)
mastr

Post by mastr »

escomm wrote:...And it looks like the radio tech starts at a higher wage than the police officer?...
As it should be.
BPD109
Batboard $upporter

Post by BPD109 »

Come to southwest Missouri for less than good conditions and pay for the police. More than a few departments start at 20K a year (OR LESS!)...and you dont get overtime!!!!

I think our radio techs double as duct tape and snake oil peddlers, at that to supplement income...
You can only buy so many bags of lime before people begin asking questions...
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

mastr wrote:
escomm wrote:...And it looks like the radio tech starts at a higher wage than the police officer?...
As it should be.
mastr

Post by mastr »

LOL, all the way to the bank.......

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”