Radio headset question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ScannerDan

Radio headset question

Post by ScannerDan »

Hi group,

I'm looking for a headset that will interface with a Motorola Astro Spectra that can be used in law enforcement while rolling code 3. I've seen them on fire rigs and I believe they are made by David Clark but I'm not sure. I'm looking for one that is permanently attached to the radio, has a PTT button, etc.

thanks

Dan..

I hate arguing with stupid people. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

You want to wear a headset in a police car??
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
ScannerDan

Post by ScannerDan »

nmfire10 wrote:You want to wear a headset in a police car??
YES!! Long code 3 runs hurts the ears. I'm talking about wearing the headset only during code 3 runs then switching back to the normal hand mic and speaker during normal patrol.

I hate arguing with stupid people. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Will

Post by Will »

Hi Dan,

Is this for the K9 unit? Does the K9 have his own ear plugs?

The earphone audio is not available in the MIC jack on a Spectra, bummer.

I build a cable that plugs into the 15 pin ACCY jack, and with a simple jumper in the radio provides earphone audio for headset use. That can be wired to the short 1/4" four conductor aircraft headset jack depending on the plug on your headset.

You could also use a 600/600 ohm audio isolation transformer to provide the earphone audio from the speaker pins in the ACCY jack. This depends on the volume control and that can have some advantages.

I have not seen any commercial adaptor cables in a long time. Just the fancy, spell "very expensive", fire truck type intercomm boxes.

Our EOC/COMM VAN Spectra radios use the 15 pin ACCY jack headset adaptor. Those headsets have the 8 pin modular plug and also directly fits the Maxtrac/Radius/GM series radios.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Just curios, where is the siren speaker mounted?
ScannerDan

Post by ScannerDan »

RFguy wrote:Just curios, where is the siren speaker mounted?
2 speakers, 100 watt each=200 watt s on the front push bumper

ScannerDan

Post by ScannerDan »

[quote="Will"]Hi Dan,

Is this for the K9 unit? Does the K9 have his own ear plugs?

Unfortunately, no she doesn't have ear plugs

Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

RMT J3DC/J3DD JACKMATE
For dispatch on two-way radio only, use RadioMate’s JackMate™. The JackMate™ allows the dispatcher to use a headset for comfortable transmission. Use a light or heavy-duty footswitch for push-to-talk convenience. A volume knob adjusts receive audio from the radio. A JackMate™ can be used with mobile radios used as base stations, remotes and consoles. A cordless unit can be added for remote dispatch up to 150’ from the radio. Order RMT J3DC when using no in-line PTT on headset cable (4wire). Order J3DD when using headset cable with in-line PTT switch (6wire).

http://www.radiomate.com
We use them to interface to XTL5000 and MCS2000 radios.
They work like a charm
Hardwire001
What radios do you own?: Too Many to list

Post by Hardwire001 »

Did you ever find what you were looking for...

I have had a chance to test out some of the PELTOR products...one of them is a Noise REDUCTION style...that might work for you...

let me know if you want more information

Brad

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”