Battery for old Motorola PX300

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

pctek_1957

Battery for old Motorola PX300

Post by pctek_1957 »

Hello board members.. DO any of you know where I can get replacement batteries for the old Motorola PX-300 "Lunchbox" radio?

Thanks.
ka8ypy

Post by ka8ypy »

Is your a rechargeable Battery?

All of the ones i have seen and dealt with have had a cover that comes off and you feed the beast 16 D cell batteries.

DB
WB6NVH

Post by WB6NVH »

The PX-300 uses the same battery as the older PT-400. Sometimes it's easier to locate PT-400 batteries in catalogs than it is PX-300. There are both nicad types and dry cell types. It takes some bucks to fill up the D cell type box with alkaline types!
Hoseman292
What radios do you own?: too many

Re: Battery for old Motorola PX300

Post by Hoseman292 »

Sorry about resurrecting a ten year old thread. I'm searching for a PX300 battery case.
I own a working PT500 and a few PT200's. I've noticed the battery for the PX300 is about an inch smaller in width so I'm in search of a PX300 battery.
It does not matter if it's dry cell (D cells) or a rechargeable battery. I'm only interested in the battery cabinet.

Thanks,
Tim
Batboard $upporter

Post by k2hz »

PM sent.
Andy Corbin

Post by Andy Corbin »

Hoseman292 wrote:Sorry about resurrecting a ten year old thread. I'm searching for a PX300 battery case.
I own a working PT500 and a few PT200's. I've noticed the battery for the PX300 is about an inch smaller in width so I'm in search of a PX300 battery.
It does not matter if it's dry cell (D cells) or a rechargeable battery. I'm only interested in the battery cabinet.

Thanks,
Tim
I don't know if this might work for your application but I see Ebay has some PT 300 stuff.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-PT300- ... SwhOdXoJnC

Andy
Hoseman292

Post by Hoseman292 »

Hey Andy.

Thanks for the eBay tip. I decided to buy another this time complete with the stock alkaline battery pack. The only other solution I came very close to attempting was modifying the lid from an ammo can.

Now I have to find someone who can burn a PROM for it. I doubt the Moto shop I dealt with in the 80's still has their programmer.

Thanks again.
Tim
Batboard $upporter

Post by Hoseman292 »

Re: PT400 Battery.

Hi,
I own a crystal controlled PT400 which sort of contributed to my initial mistake of buying a PX300 radio without determining if the battery was compatible. When the PX300 arrived I found the PX300 was about 2" longer than the PT400. I recently bit the bullet and bought a full unit with the D battery container only to knock it off the kitchen table and shattering the battery box. I now have three PX300 radios. Retro-fitting a battery container should not be too difficult. I have not attempted it yet but a M19A1 ammo can fitted with a 9-pin D sub connector is the perfect width and would serve as a sturdy metal replacement battery enclosure capable of housing a rechargeable sealed lead acid battery .

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q ... 5987155290
Batboard $upporter

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”