P25 keyfill device electrical interface

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mr.syntrx

P25 keyfill device electrical interface

Post by mr.syntrx »

Before I find my credit card and grab a copy of TIA-102.AACD, is there anything electronically specific about the keyfill device interface that would make it difficult to implement with standard computer hardware? I assume it's just some kind of serial interface?

Thanks
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

It's just an open collector, TTL level, common data signal - serial, both sides pull it low, one side supplies +5V through a resistor.

Are you going to try to build your own keyfill device? If so, you should know - there are 2 protocols in use. One is fully documented in the APCO standards and is freely available.

The other is Motorola proprietary and prying documentation out of Motorola is VERY hard, involves an NDA, and what you get is, shall we say, somewhat thin.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
MattSR

Re: P25 keyfill device electrical interface

Post by MattSR »

Wowbagger wrote:Are you going to try to build your own keyfill device?
Lets say someone wants to build such a device based on a P25 OTAR/KFD spec that is freely available (ie NOT the ASN protocol)

Would such a device be infringing Motorolas patents such as http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20050220307.html
txshooter

Post by txshooter »

has anyone else looked at the EFJ Keyloader based on a widely available PDA.......
Scott B.
"Never argue with seven men when you are carrying a six shooter..."
MattSR

Post by MattSR »

No, but id like to have a look. Do you have a link?
MattSR

Post by MattSR »

TXCAP
What radios do you own?: 5100/5300-TP9100 VHF&7/800

Post by TXCAP »

The SMA works pretty well, Keyloads DES, DES-OFB, AES & OTAR Shadow Keys allows the reading of keysets (NOT THE ACTUAL KEY STRING) or types of keys loaded & their respective PIDs & algo's ....... Will also work on XTS portables. I am also going to attempt to make a Mobile cable for Moto's.. just need to get a few parts in.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”