Can't write codeplug back to UHF MTS2000

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KE4NYVJR
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu

Can't write codeplug back to UHF MTS2000

Post by KE4NYVJR »

I did a search and came up with nothing useful...

I picked up a UHF MTS2000 today and tried to reprogram it. I can read the radio fine with Windows CPS, but when I try to write it back, I get the "Verifying radio can accept codeplug", the radio goes into "CSQ" and then CPS just acts like it quit the programming routine and the radio resets itself. Weirdest thing I have ever seen in a Jedi.

Has anyone else seen this? Have a fix?

I am using the latest CPS. I tried reading in DOS RSS and it gave me the "too new" message (expectedly)

Thanks,
Jason KE4NYV
Motorola Solutions ST
Einstein

Post by Einstein »

I have encountered the same situation in an XTS 3000. I attempted to program in another trunking system and it did just what you described. I reloaded the old code plug into the radio and it worked fine. I am still searching for an answer.
KE4NYVJR

Post by KE4NYVJR »

Thats just the thing, I can't even write the codeplug that I JUST READ out of the radio, back into the radio. I am just really scratching my head.
Jason KE4NYV
Motorola Solutions ST
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

It has happened to my radio a few times as well (XTS3000), so I just tried dumping it in over and over and it eventually just takes it just fine. There was an issue with this on the XTS3k a while back. I was using R05.00.02 CPS at the time and still am.
dxon2m

Post by dxon2m »

I had that issue before, The radio's firmware is not high enough to support CPS. I believe it has to be at least (R02.XX) to support it.

Hope that helps
KE4NYVJR

Post by KE4NYVJR »

dxon2m wrote:I had that issue before, The radio's firmware is not high enough to support CPS. I believe it has to be at least (R02.XX) to support it.

Hope that helps
Well, if that is the case, why can't I read/write/view the codeplug in DOS? DOS RSS says that the the codeplug is too new.
Jason KE4NYV
Motorola Solutions ST
KE4NYVJR

Post by KE4NYVJR »

I just checked the radio's firmware at it has 5.40 installed.
Jason KE4NYV
Motorola Solutions ST
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

KE4NYVJR wrote:
dxon2m wrote:I had that issue before, The radio's firmware is not high enough to support CPS. I believe it has to be at least (R02.XX) to support it.

Hope that helps
Well, if that is the case, why can't I read/write/view the codeplug in DOS? DOS RSS says that the the codeplug is too new.
What version of DOS RSS are you using? Latest is 6.08.00. I don't know what the cut-off is for the firmware to allow working with CPS, but it would almost make sense the pre-toolproofing firmware (less than 5.43) might be it.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Too many!

Post by RESCUE161 »

Does your radio have tags?

If you have a hacked radio, it could act as you describe.

Try lab if you have it.
Scott
KE4FHH
Religion: Kills folks dead!
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

Not sure off the top of my head which Rev. of Firmware was "ToolProof", but I would't go near LAB with that poor MTS.
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”