Maratrac RSS question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

W4WTF
was KF4PEP

Maratrac RSS question

Post by W4WTF »

I see from searching that some versions of RSS will allow you to enter 2m freqs using the shift method, while others reqire the codelug to be modified. Anyone know what version of RSS the shift method works with?
kc7gr
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Sunair (HF).

Re: Maratrac RSS question

Post by kc7gr »

KF4PEP wrote:I see from searching that some versions of RSS will allow you to enter 2m freqs using the shift method, while others reqire the codelug to be modified. Anyone know what version of RSS the shift method works with?
The shift-key trick has not worked for me on any version of the Maratrac software. I ended up hex-editing the executable to extend the band limits (it's not very difficult).

Contact me via PM if you end up scratching your head over the issue, and I'll see if I can help further.
Bruce Lane, KC7GR
"Raf tras spintern. Raf tras spoit."
kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

Post by kb0nly »

I have version 5 of the RSS, all i ever had to do was use the shift key to enter them.

Make sure you release the shift key for the period.

Example..

146.52000 would be !$^.%@)))
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”