HT1250 BATTERY PROBLEM!

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

specialeddie1

HT1250 BATTERY PROBLEM!

Post by specialeddie1 »

I just bought 3 HT1250's and have run into a problem. The batteries all fit really funky. I have 1 Multiplier (M9009-HX) and 2 /\/\ brand (HNN9009AR). The Multiplier battery fits fine on 1 radio, but is so tight on the other 2 that I had to pry it off the radio with my leatherman. 1 /\/\ battery fit fine on 2 radios and was loose on the other. The other /\/\ battery also had to be pried off one of the radios but fit fine on the other two. The radios are used, but all appear to be in great condition (No obvious impacts, blemishes or damage to the chassis).

Anyone know what the deal is? Is this a common problem? WTF?

Also, If I need to get new batteries, what would you all recommend. I would like to try the impres Li-Ion, but WOW...I could almost buy 3 Nicad or nimh for the price of one. Are they worth it? What exactly does impres do?
I reject your realltiy and substitute my own!
jim

Post by jim »

I haven't found one aftermarket battery that fits Waris portables yet.

I'll sell OEM only.
specialeddie1

Yeah but

Post by specialeddie1 »

jim wrote:I haven't found one aftermarket battery that fits Waris portables yet.

I'll sell OEM only.
Yeah but i'm having the problem with /\/\ too. Its not just the after market.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

i've use all multipier batteries and i've never had a problem with them. your problem is probablly with the metal tabs on the batteries, they are bent out of shape. they have probablly all been put on 1 radio at one time or another that's messed them up. or it's 1 of your radios that's the bad one. look at the backing plates on the radios where the battery tabs latch on to them and make shure they are not bent over or screwed up. plus you saying you had to pry them off you probablly bent the battery tabs even more.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
specialeddie1

Post by specialeddie1 »

Yeah but that still doesnt explain why one battery works on one radio but not another. i can get at least one of the batteries on each radio and it fits fine. Its not a tab problem it just seems the battery fits really tight on one and not the other.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”