Motorola HT 100

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KC9LDB
What radios do you own?: they got a orange button on em

Motorola HT 100

Post by KC9LDB »

Alright guys, first off i want to thank you for an enlisting to batlabs, my question is Does anyone know anything about the motorola HT 100, i am planning on buying two with chargers, batterys, and antennas for $35.00, they work but i have no experence with them, i dont even know how many channels they have. if someone could help me out it would be great.
Joe-Illinois
ke4zdg
What radios do you own?: Spectras, Sabers, MCS/MTS2000

Post by ke4zdg »

My friend has a few of them. I think they are 2 channels (crystal controlled), and pretty low power. All I know is they are pretty hard to come by.

PM me w/ you email address and I'll see if I can find more info for you.

Jared
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

Relics from the '70s, don't think you can even get battery packs for them., recall power was very low 100 Mw? Nice piece of Motorola history to put on a shelf. If you're looking for cost effective radios I'd definetely steer you towards something like a HT600 P200 GP300 P110
SP50,etc.
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

HT100 radios...

Post by Tom in D.C. »

I had a couple of HT100s for a while so I learned some things
about them during that time.

1. The cells in the battery pack can be replaced with current
elliptical NiMH button cells. Any good battery shop can do this
for you and it shouldn't cost a lot. Mine was done by Batteries
Plus in Rockville MD for under $30.

2. The HT100 is an HT220 with the final amplifier and bottom-end
battery pack removed.

3. And they ARE crystal controlled radios, again same as an HT220, with very low power output.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
wa2zdy

Post by wa2zdy »

Cute little radio indeed, but as already said above, best off in a display case.
Chris,
Hamming 31 years
http://www.wa2zdy.com
Wesley Chapel, Pasco County, Florida
Snow? What's that?!
The human race is proof that Darwin was wrong.
WA3VJB

Post by WA3VJB »

"Corny little spin-off" of the HT220, as one of Michael Wright's link profiles attests.

http://www.geocities.com/mikeht220/ht100.html

I think they look pretty cool myself, and I'd crystal them up for light duty.
WB6NVH

Post by WB6NVH »

Are you sure you mean HT-100, and not P100? The HT-100 is a very rare and basically antique radio.
KC9LDB
What radios do you own?: they got a orange button on em

Post by KC9LDB »

Well im not for sure, he labeled them as 2 motorola handi talkie 100's. the image i saw that is no longer on the server depicts a home image of a HT-100. Are they really antiques?
WA3VJB

Post by WA3VJB »

Well they're antiques in the sense of being rare and collectible enough that you wouldn't want to have them in rugged beat-up service anymore. Not that they couldn't take it, but as mentioned, there are newer radios on the used market that will do much better from almost any standpoint (except allure).

If your deal is sealed, have no remorse if they're really HT100 because you can peddle them on here to a good home and probably trade for just the kind of working pair for the application you have in mind.

Unless you're a docent at a radio museum somewhere, then, you're going to be in great shape.
barrypal

HT-100

Post by barrypal »

If you guys are still reading this post I am very interested in picking up an HT-100. I use to have several years ago but traded them off. Am also interested in any spare parts, fronts, frames, batteries, etc...

I grew up on ham radio with these units in the 70' and 80' and would love to have another one for old time sake... hi

And thanks Tom for the elliptical button battery replacement idea.
How did you cut apart the battery as to fit the new cells? I tried removing one side and really made a mess of it..

Barry Palmore k7pal@comcast.net
Uhf repeater in Seattle Echolink node number 111001

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”