Motorola Rep Contact Needed

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ayaresr

Motorola Rep Contact Needed

Post by ayaresr »

I am looking for contact info for my regional rep for Motorola. I would like to discuss the possibility of some flash upgrades. Thanks, Ryan
P.S. I am Southern NJ area.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Go to your local MSS
ayaresr

Post by ayaresr »

I guess I could give them one last chance to save themselves with me. In the past I have found them pretty much useless. Thanks
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Ouch, I didn't realize you had past issues with the local MSS. To be honest, you may be able to find a dealer in your area who will go through the above-pricebook paperwork process and help you out.
ayaresr

Post by ayaresr »

I really don't like to bash companies. I don't try to hurt others business, which is why I didn't put any name in the previous post. I just have felt in the past like no matter how nice I have been they don't want to try to help me. I would guess it was probably that I am only one and not a bigger company or contract. I sent the request for upgrade in twice and called to follow up with them both times with no reply. (That was sent to Motorola, not the shop.) If I can work it, I really would like to try to do this upgrade myself. I realize this is going to be harder to accomplish than just sending it in to mother M, but I really don't want to have to send anything out, and I want to see how this process works for myself. :lol: :roll:
0rlando

Post by 0rlando »

In South Jersey, you can try Jan Communications, http://www.jancommunications.net/

Ask them for an "Above Price Book" request, for a software upgrade for your radio. As long as your radio is supported, it should not be denied.

Thanks,
Orlando
ayaresr

Post by ayaresr »

Thanks for the link. I didn't even think of trying them. We have used them many times for the fire company equipment with no problems. Thanks again, Ryan
wkr518

Post by wkr518 »

0rlando wrote:In South Jersey, you can try Jan Communications, http://www.jancommunications.net/

Ask them for an "Above Price Book" request, for a software upgrade for your radio. As long as your radio is supported, it should not be denied.

Thanks,
Orlando
Good info.If that does not work ,you can call Motorola and request a message be left with the NJ Motorola ADM.She can light a fire under someones butt if she has to.But have found Jan Comm to be responsive myself.
Wayne

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”