Crazy repeater question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

emsbuff3240
What radios do you own?: Centracom Gold Elite, XTS5K 4K

Crazy repeater question

Post by emsbuff3240 »

Is there any way that I could modify an M1225 repeater controller to repeat from M1225 to an ASTRO Mobile?

I dont think this would work but you guys are the experts.

I got offered an ASTRO Mobile for $180(Brand New) So I am wondering if this will repeat with my M1225.

Thanks
Jon
-Jon
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

It probably can, but it (the cable) will need some extensive modding. An Astro Mobile new for $180 is alone worth the whole project. :D

You may try having this moved to the Astro Forum where you may get some more answers.
MotoMax300
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

Post by MotoMax300 »

Ill take the astro mobile if you dont want it ;-)
jban
What radios do you own?: AS mob, ASIII, XTS/XTL

RE Crazy repeater question

Post by jban »

I have 2 CDM 750's I will trade for the Astro!
John B
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

wow, this goes from a RFC to some rediculous posts about who has what to trade??!!!
USGOVTECH

Post by USGOVTECH »

Yes there is. Done it. Not to complicated and can be done. Send me a PM. However P25 data could be an issue. You could do the following.

1225 as Transmitter (Analog) / Astro as receiver Analog or Digital
Astro as Transmitter (Analog or Digital) / 1225 as Receiver (Analog Only)

I would configure the radios for the following configuration.

1225 as the Receiver and the Astro as the transmitter (In Analog Mode).
emsbuff3240
What radios do you own?: Centracom Gold Elite, XTS5K 4K

Post by emsbuff3240 »

Thanks for your help but I didnt buy the ASTRO, now I regret it because I would have traded for the two CDMs. I bought an SM120 insead and it will go with my M1225.

I didnt buy the ASTRO because it was way more than I needed.
-Jon
USGOVTECH

Post by USGOVTECH »

Well, I am sorry about that. Whichever radio you use for the transmitter please understand my next statement. PLACE A FAN ON THE PA OF THE RADIO!!!! Otherwise the radio will get to hot and scale back power and could potentially destroy the PA. The repeater will not be reliable for a lot of traffic due to the use of the Transmitter. The CDM radios are very reliable as transmitters and are a little easier to configure and hook up as a repeater receiver and transmitter. For your purpose the CDM's would be a perfect solution to this problem. If you can get them for a reasonable price I would buy 1 for at least a Transmitter, then the repeater would be 75% %100 duty cycle.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”