Remote Mic / Hen's Tooth

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

High_order1

Remote Mic / Hen's Tooth

Post by High_order1 »

Prolly don't, but in case they do........

I want a Moto Remote Public Safety Speaker Mic for the XTS series that has a curly cord, AND a earphone in the mike body and NOT in the accessory connector.

Does this exist?

Thanks,

-Shawn
phrawg

Post by phrawg »

"PROLLY" ?? :-? not !
BBbzzzzz... ZAP.. GULP !!! ahhhh GOOD fly !
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

I don't think /\/\ has such a model (could be wrong, but the Commander sure doesn't have it) but I'm almost certain that Otto does have something that will work
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Re: Remote Mic / Hen's Tooth

Post by MTS2000des »

High_order1 wrote:Prolly don't, but in case they do........

I want a Moto Remote Public Safety Speaker Mic for the XTS series that has a curly cord, AND a earphone in the mike body and NOT in the accessory connector.

Does this exist?

Thanks,

-Shawn
you have about as much chance finding this as your below 700 dollar model III XTS2500.

IIRC Otto does make a mike , but it isn't public safety style (I assume you want a PSM which as an antenna connector). As a matter of fact, Motorola stopped making curly cord PUBLIC SAFETY remote mikes years ago when they discoed' the NMN6194 for the Jedi. The curly cord and RF don't get along, not to mention the small mini coax breaks easily when it's coiled up like that.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
emsbuff3240
What radios do you own?: Centracom Gold Elite, XTS5K 4K

Post by emsbuff3240 »

This is exactly what your looking for, just not a moto.

http://www.ottoeng.com/comm/pdfs/XTS300 ... cement.pdf
-Jon
High_order1

Well...

Post by High_order1 »

I kinda figured the RF issue, but never thought about the other problems. And, that explains why they offer them in multiple straight cord lengths.

If there isn't one with a curly cord, is there one with the earphone on the mike body and not in the plug? I still think that was a dumb, dumb design.

I've already been to the otto site, I'm not certain that's the way I want to go, but I definately am not taking it off the table.

Thanks,

-Shawn
muggsy09

Post by muggsy09 »

Check on ebay, I found one for about 60 bucks. It looks just like the standard Jedi mic only it has the antenna on top and 3 programable buttons on the opposite side of the PTT button. It is for HT1000, JT1000, MT and MTS series and The XTS series.

~Muggsy~
xmo

Post by xmo »

A Jedi public safety speaker-mic cannot be used on an XTS. The RF connection method is different.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”