MCS2000 H38 upgrade help

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

zulu
What radios do you own?: Alot but, I always want more!

MCS2000 H38 upgrade help

Post by zulu »

Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade a H35 to a H38 using a H38 codeplug and just forcing it into the radio if it is the same model?
If so what CPS/RSS can this be done with?
Is there anyway of converting a CPS codeplug to a DOS RSS acceptable codplug?
Thanks in advance
"Say what you mean, Mean what you say."
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Yes, it can be done. You need some form of LAB RSS, regular RSS cannot do it.

Little known fact...you can use a CPS codeplug for this purpose, just the same as a DOS RSS one...makes no difference with LAB.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
zulu
What radios do you own?: Alot but, I always want more!

Post by zulu »

thanks
"Say what you mean, Mean what you say."
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Be careful however if your MCS2000 has newer firmware. They added the dreaded fail 1/93 issue in the very later releases.

Jason
n3obl

Post by n3obl »

Is there a different lab for MCS2000(not same as MTSX lab) also did moto implement the toolproofing on MCS2000??

Frank N3OBL
FF/EMT
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

n3obl wrote:Is there a different lab for MCS2000(not same as MTSX lab) also did moto implement the toolproofing on MCS2000??

Frank N3OBL
FF/EMT
There likely is an actual MCS2000 LAB RSS within Motorola, but I've never come across it. Not that it matters much, the MTSX LAB will work with the MCS2000 for forcing in codeplugs anyway.

Only the very last couple of firmware firmware versions released for the MCS2000 had toolproofing implemented. I don't know the firmware versions off-hand...but 99.9% of MCS radios out there you don't need to worry about it.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”