HT alignment

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

JRUTA
What radios do you own?: APX6k Visar

HT alignment

Post by JRUTA »

Should I have my ht1550 aligned? it's new, does it need to be? what is involved? thanks.
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

If the radio is going to be used in a frequency band it is not tuned for by the factory, then yes, I would definately have it aligned so it will remain in 'spec' of factory standards for spurious emissions, IMD and co-channel interference.

Not only the above, but also squelch setting, power output levels and mic gain are other areas that should be aligned as well.

Factory new radios are aligned to a broad range of frequencies, so the radio performs and behaves somewhat 'normally' but can be made to perform to higher specs if tuned to a narrower band width than the factory aligns them for, as they do not have a clue as to what range of frequencies the radio/s will be used, they are broad tuned to cover the entire radio band width 'adequately'.
JRUTA
What radios do you own?: APX6k Visar

Post by JRUTA »

Thanks,
I wasn't sure- I probably will have it aligned to the specific freq's since i've replaced the original antenna with one tuned to my primary channel, and the frequencies in the radio are all grouped fairly tightly.

Thanx,
john

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”