MTS2000 Firmware Question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

txshooter

MTS2000 Firmware Question

Post by txshooter »

I have run into something else I have not seen previously and was curious if anyone else had seen this. I recently took possesion of a MTS2000 H01RDD9PW1B9 Limited top display 48 Channel Radio. When I read the radio I found it did have a H37 flash, did not appear to be hacked in any way. (In fact, I am pretty sure as it came from the Federal Goverment that is was not hacked.) But, it shows a firmware revision of 00.00. I have never seen this? Has anyone else? Radio has not been recased or anything has orginal tags?

Scott
Scott B.
"Never argue with seven men when you are carrying a six shooter..."
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

Does it show that in the display in service mode, in the software, or both?
txshooter

Firmware

Post by txshooter »

Shows it in the software only. It appears as if this may be a very early version MTS2000. I never remember running into one that showed this, just goes to show that old memory thing.
Scott B.
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

what's the serial number on the radio? I had a UHF model I that had a serial number like 432ATAxxxx, meaning Jan of 1993 MFD date, and it had a f/w ver of like 1.10.

Also had three battery pins with as opposed to two.

Would NOT read or write in CPS either.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
txshooter

Serial #

Post by txshooter »

Serial Number of the Unit is 466AAL**** It has two battery pins.....

It does read and right with CPS with no problems.

Just thought this was a strange little thing to come up when I read the radio. I can never remember a MTS2000 showing this before. It is a facotry tagged radio. It did come from a federal prison unit. No depot tags or anything else. In exceptionally good condition.

Nothing really special about it other than the nto showing a firmware revision.

Scott
Scott B.
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

wierdo..maybe some new controller ver? as long as it works that's all that matters but that is odd...
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

Early models did not report the firmware in RSS\CPS
This came later.
Sounds like yours is early

What does it display in service mode?
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

His serial # indicates the radio was made in 2000 [AAL]. I also had an early one [ATW] that had ver 1.52. Hey look at it this way. No toolproof problems. Enjoy. GARY N4KVE
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

To verify the tag matches the firmware, it's also located on the lower left of the tag so once you access the firmware via the button press after POST, you can verify that the firmware does match the serial number/firmware that's printed on the tag.

At least mine has the firmware printed there(MTS2000)

Maybe mine is simply newer than others.

I also found that none of my MTX9000 radios have firmware numbers printed on their tags either.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”