El movimiento de Motorola a México es completo.

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RFguy

El movimiento de Motorola a México es completo.

Post by RFguy »

(Subject line reads "Motorola's move to Mexico is complete.")

This notice came in today

Address Update

The repair transition of all subscriber and paging products is complete. All currently supported pagers, subscriber 2 way mobiles, subscriber 2-way portables and iDEN subscribers previously shipped to Elgin should now be directly shipped to El Paso.
When sending a unit to the Motorola Repair Service Center, please send all units to the following address:

Motorola Service Center
45-D Butterfield Trail
El Paso, TX 79906

We appreciate your support and feedback as we have moved through this transition. In order to shorten the cycle time of your repairs, please utilize the above El Paso address for the designated products. Subscriber repair capacity in Elgin has been completely transitioned to El Paso and shipment to the incorrect location will cause repair delays.
Utilization of MOL (Motorola Online) for submission of your repairs will nsure that you not only have the correct address for repair submission, but also streamline the processing of your unit.
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

yeah, I kind of got that impression when I got a radio back from depot yesterday with a note stuck to the top that read "checar solo en test mode" :roll:

(it's okay though, Americans don't want to do these jobs)
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

I always laugh when I read "Americans don't want to do those jobs."

Who do they think does those jobs in Europe, for example? Mexicans?
ka8ypy

Post by ka8ypy »

jackhackett wrote: (it's okay though, Americans don't want to do these jobs)
No, no, no...that's the jobs that the mexicans are working in the states.

They moved the american workers from elgin to Mexico, because the mexicans didn't want to do the work... :lol:

DB
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

Without sounding crass, There are plenty of hispanics in Elgin to do the work. The soution is in Mexico you can pay them 1/2 of what you have to pay in the USA.
jnglmassiv
Batboard $upporter

Post by jnglmassiv »

I've been to the Elgin facility quite a few times. It's quite the multinational environment.
kt2728

el paso repairs

Post by kt2728 »

All joking aside are they going to do the repair work in El Paso or is the plan to ship all the repair work to Juarez, and just use the facility in El Paso for shipping and reciving?
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: el paso repairs

Post by escomm »

kt2728 wrote: is the plan to ship all the repair work to Juarez, and just use the facility in El Paso for shipping and reciving?
That's been the plan all along
bellersley
No Longer Registered

Post by bellersley »

I don't agree with this idea at all.

Why should I pay a company First Rate prices for Second Rate repairs, in a Third World country?
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

Because they say so.....

Only way we're going back to in house production in this country is to have a global conflict where we loose access to all the crap we bring in from the outside.
"Some men just don't know their limitations"
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

haha, was just checking MOL for status on some units sent to the depot and noticed the actual status of one unit was en espanol:

XXXXXXXXXX P1225 475FZXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX REPXXXXXXXX JSC Motorola Service Center 11/10/2006 11/10/2006 Cobrado / Faturado 11/12/2006 2:12:02 AM 11/11/2006
ka8ypy

Post by ka8ypy »

Our county just signed a contract with M for a new system to be fully operational by 2008. One of the stipulations in the contract was that all repairs were to be done in country (i.e. USA) and not just shipped to a US facility for OCONUS repair.

This should be interesting.....

DB
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

I would suggest that all of you who continue to deal with Motorola learn Spanish. This isn't going to come to an end, Ed Zander wants to continue down the "broadband future" path and quite frankly, two-way radios (yes, even P25) is "1980's technology". In his eyes, if it isn't VOIP it is old hat.

Or go with Kenwood, their repair depots are all in the continental USA, as is their USA HQ which is right here in Metro Atlanta (Gwinnett county, to be exact). Their radios are better, cheaper and you don't have to take up a second language to have them serviced...
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”