DeskTrac Repeater info

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jwb8734
What radios do you own?: To many Motorola and Vertex

DeskTrac Repeater info

Post by jwb8734 »

I just bought a DeskTrac VHF repeater
Model: l43sum7000bt options l28ae l74ab

If anyone knows a but more about the options that is great.

Also some info about programming this.
The RSS shows it's a repeater but programmed in 2 freqs and nothing.

Thanks
Will

Post by Will »

In the DeskTrac station and repeater, there are three rogramming 'ports'. One for the main Maxtrac, one for the second Maxtrac receiver, and the last one is for the remote control board.

The switch for the programming 'ports' is located to the right of the display below the Power On Led. In the Repeater configuration, position one is the TX, 2 is the RX and 3 is the remote control option.

Maxtrac RSS may be used for either transmitter or receiver. I do a Read first to verify what 'port' is seleted, the switch has no stop!!
jwb8734
What radios do you own?: To many Motorola and Vertex

Post by jwb8734 »

Do I have to set the position back for it to work in repeater mode?

Also I messed this up one my UHF repeater when I ordered the crystals and luckily I caught it What is the correct RX TX side.
If I am correct the RX(Rptr) is the TX of another and the TX(RPTR) is the RX of the other radio.

Third the accessory port. What setting should they be to make it work correctly. I was getting and error when doing it throught the DESKTRAC RSS last night.

JOHN
Will

Post by Will »

jwb8734 wrote:
Do I have to set the position back for it to work in repeater mode?

Third the accessory port. What setting should they be to make it work correctly. I was getting and error when doing it throught the DESKTRAC RSS last night.

JOHN
You should not have to set the switch position back for the repeater to work. There is a RPTR enable button on the front pannel, press that till the LED comes on.

If the remote accy is not there you get the error. The remote accy is not in most Desktrac repeater configurations.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”