Motorola Counterfeits

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

w4rez
What radios do you own?: Maratrac, GM300, MCX1000

Motorola Counterfeits

Post by w4rez »

I recently bought a rapid charger for a GP68 off eBay. While I know that there's a boatload of fake Motorola stuff on there, I thought that maybe since this guy was stateside that his stuff might be the real deal. I get the charger and there's no charging microprocessor in it, no tri-color LED, and the quick charge button isn't even connected to anything.

Anybody have a number I can call at Motorola to report this? I'm sure that they'd love to know about somebody in the US that's selling cheap junk with their logo plastered all over it.

FYI the eBay user is emsdadtimbo.
Grog
On Moderation

Post by Grog »

"Hi, motorola? I want to report a fake charger. What's it for? Oh, a GP68. What's that you say? You never built them for US use? You want it back? You'll prosecute me if I don't comply?"

<click>

<dialtone>

:lol:
Jonathan KC8RYW

Post by Jonathan KC8RYW »

You could say it's for an AP73 and probably stay legit.
73 DE KC8RYW
Random Motorola Part Number:
SYN1894B - V3m Sprint-branded Battery Cover
Will

Post by Will »

This type of fake counterfits are bound to show up here. After all most Motorola radios are now made in China, and the Chinese make a 'few' more to sell for them selves.
radio230

Re: Motorola Counterfeits

Post by radio230 »

w4rez wrote:Anybody have a number I can call at Motorola to report this? I'm sure that they'd love to know about somebody in the US that's selling cheap junk with their logo plastered all over it.

FYI the eBay user is emsdadtimbo.
What a coincidence, I posted a thread a few days agaon about my CP200 and a mic I bought off ebay I thought may be counterfeit (and found out most likely is). You can see my thread here:

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=65014

The coincidence is the seller I bought it from was, emsdadtimbo. This guy is peddling all kinds of counterfeit Motorola products apparently and I would love to expose him to Motorola and let them deal with him. I do not have the same problem as W4rez in that I bought a part for a radio that should not be in counrty.

So, as W4rez asked, is there a number someone can give me to report this scam artist. I am already going to report him to ebay, not that them will probably do anything, but would love to see him brought down hard.

Or if anyone has another suggestion for me (us) to take care of this guy. He is why so many people have come to hate eBay. If anyone ne has something to share in private please feel free to PM me.
Dan Collins
Telecommunicator - Cahokia, IL Police Department
Firefighter - Cahokia Volunteer Fire Department
emsbuff3240
What radios do you own?: Centracom Gold Elite, XTS5K 4K

Post by emsbuff3240 »

Ive bought a battery from that guy, i thought the same thing, I will PM you with what the e-mails said.

The battery actually works really nicely and has a 1315mAh capacity according to my charger while its only supposed to be 1200mAh.

In the e-mails he bought his stuff directly from /\/\ 's supplier, see what you think...
-Jon
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

It is the same charger as for the SP50.

If they ask, you bought it for an SP50.
emsbuff3240
What radios do you own?: Centracom Gold Elite, XTS5K 4K

Post by emsbuff3240 »

emsdadtimbo wrote:I appreciate you contacting me. I assure you the battery is Original Motorola...NOT aftermarket. I do sell aftermarket units on separate listings. It is typical for a Motorola shop to make such a ridiculous and inaccurate statement because they exist in a bubble with limited information. Their statement is inaccurate and unfair.

Allow me to provide a few facts that can be easily verified...

Motorola no longer manufactures their own batteries. They are outsourced to an oversees corporation named Celestica. Celestica manufactures for Motorola both domestically (US) and internationally. Pricing for international product (even radios) is 1/2 of US pricing. I purchase the batteries in bulk from Celestica's International Distribution Division for Motorola and they do not emboss the Motorola logo on the back of the batteries. That is ONLY done on batteries designated for US distribution.

I firmly stand behind all sales, as my feedback indicates. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask. Incidentally, I am also an authorized Motorola Parts Distributor and that fact is also verifiable.

Thank you,

Tim Blake
emsdadtimbo

I just got off the phone with my import buying manager in Singapore and have some additional information. There are some minor differences/improvements made to the batteries since Celestica assumed outsource manufacturing duties. Connectors, belt clips and tighter fit tolerences were the primary ones listed by my purchase manager. There will be some minor differences, intended to overcome some complaints lodged by users over the years.

Your older charger may indeed have a tighter fit...that will relax with use.

The differences between new and old also lets you know you are in fact getting a NEW battery...not new old stock. There are many hundreds of thousands of older Motorola-made units still floating around out there. I don't consider them brand new.

Again, if there is any issue of concern, just let me know. I will consider this transaction complete only after you are satisfied.

Thank you,

Tim
niver mind ill just post them
-Jon
w4rez

Post by w4rez »

Grog wrote:"Hi, motorola? I want to report a fake charger. What's it for? Oh, a GP68. What's that you say? You never built them for US use? You want it back? You'll prosecute me if I don't comply?"

<click>

<dialtone>

:lol:
Oh god don't *even* get me started with that. It won't be pretty. Besides haven't we beat that dead horse enough over on RR?
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

Jonathan KC8RYW wrote:You could say it's for an AP73 and probably stay legit.
Yup, like Jonathan said. This same charger was also used on MV52 and MU42 portables (also US market items).
w4rez

Post by w4rez »

RadioSouth wrote:
Jonathan KC8RYW wrote:You could say it's for an AP73 and probably stay legit.
Yup, like Jonathan said. This same charger was also used on MV52 and MU42 portables (also US market items).
You guys would probably be amused by the fit of Tourette's I would launch into with the person on the phone if they threatened to prosecute me for owning a GP68.

What's funny is that apparently this radio was either owned or sold by Bearcom once upon a time, judging from the sticker on the inside of the battery compartment. Last time I checked, Bearcom only had offices in the US.
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

Not familiar with BearCom but in Miami there are US based export dealers. One was sued by Motorola for selling export only products in the US. GP68's wound up here by 'export' dealers maintaing a stock of them and selling them out the back door and a few individuals that imported them from overseas for local sale. Bottom line is Motorola makes export versions of some different US models and sells them much cheaper in the out of US market.
batdude
Personal aide to Mr. Cook

Post by batdude »

export versions of some different US models and sells them much cheaper in the out of US market.

hence the ebay XTS 5000's from AU...

where the radio is about 1/2 price.....

doug
BRAVO MIKE JULIET ALPHA
"You can do whatever you want, there are just consequences..."
IF SOMEONE PM'S YOU - HAVE THE COURTESY TO REPLY.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Old dogs, old tricks..
Last edited by escomm on Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
batdude

Post by batdude »

so he's generating foreign sales, having the product shipped directly to the latin american market, then re-importing them?

uh, i think that's not only against moto sales agreements

but it's illegal as well.

something about foreign trade and possibly tax issues as well ?

what a :o

doug
BRAVO MIKE JULIET ALPHA
w4rez

Post by w4rez »

What I find funny about this is how Motorola thinks they can enforce such business tactics with litigation. Apparently they don't understand the term "grey market." Lots of other products get sold in the US this way too, and you don't see the manufacturers going after the owners of the products. They simply refuse to honor warranties, which is their perogative.

High end digital SLR cameras seem to be quite popular in the grey market.
batdude

Post by batdude »

oh i absolutely disagree about not understanding the grey market.

ask carl robbins (crobbinsnc of old rec.radio.swap days) about selling GP68's

doug
BRAVO MIKE JULIET ALPHA
Grog
On Moderation

Post by Grog »

w4rez wrote: Oh god don't *even* get me started with that. It won't be pretty. Besides haven't we beat that dead horse enough over on RR?
I don't remember that, and I did put a smiley face afterwards. It was just a thought that went through my head at the time.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

w4rez wrote:What I find funny about this is how Motorola thinks they can enforce such business tactics with litigation. Apparently they don't understand the term "grey market." Lots of other products get sold in the US this way too, and you don't see the manufacturers going after the owners of the products. They simply refuse to honor warranties, which is their perogative.
This is interesting, to say the least.

If Motorola does not enforce its territories, then it gives their international dealers an unfair advantage over domestic dealers, which leads to obvious antitrust issues. Not to mention that there is contract language that specifies where radios are to be sold (and more importantly, where radios are not to be sold). Motorola has a responsibility, nay, an obligation to enforce these clauses. So it's not really funny after all.

Furthermore, and most importantly, most of the foreign models do not have FCC type acceptance, and for a dealer to knowingly import and sell non-type accepted radios is stupid. Pilot Travel Centers got hit with a $125,000 forfeiture in 2004 for selling non-type accepted radios, so that should demonstrate that the FCC is serious about this.

Motorola obviously has very deep pockets. This is speculation on my part, but I imagine the FCC would not be very pleased if it was determined Motorola knew its authorized international dealers were importing & reselling type-accepted radios in the domestic market.
w4rez

Post by w4rez »

escomm wrote:
w4rez wrote:What I find funny about this is how Motorola thinks they can enforce such business tactics with litigation. Apparently they don't understand the term "grey market." Lots of other products get sold in the US this way too, and you don't see the manufacturers going after the owners of the products. They simply refuse to honor warranties, which is their perogative.
This is interesting, to say the least.

If Motorola does not enforce its territories, then it gives their international dealers an unfair advantage over domestic dealers, which leads to obvious antitrust issues. Not to mention that there is contract language that specifies where radios are to be sold (and more importantly, where radios are not to be sold). Motorola has a responsibility, nay, an obligation to enforce these clauses. So it's not really funny after all.

Furthermore, and most importantly, most of the foreign models do not have FCC type acceptance, and for a dealer to knowingly import and sell non-type accepted radios is stupid. Pilot Travel Centers got hit with a $125,000 forfeiture in 2004 for selling non-type accepted radios, so that should demonstrate that the FCC is serious about this.

Motorola obviously has very deep pockets. This is speculation on my part, but I imagine the FCC would not be very pleased if it was determined Motorola knew its authorized international dealers were importing & reselling type-accepted radios in the domestic market.
Well...

I feel that Motorola's enforcement of sales territories should be matter of contract between it's authorized dealers and Moto and nobody else. They do have the right to tell a dealer "Stop selling outside of your territory or else we are going to revoke your authorization."

However, I have seen a piece of legalese that got circulated around, where Motorola was trying to tell end users that they were in "illegal possession of intellectual property" or some garbage like that. It's legal strong-arming and it's rubbish. As for type acceptance: Yes I know that these radios aren't type accepted (although some of the older ones do have a FCC ID) and are illegal to use on commercial, public safety, and GMRS frequencies. However, these radios are also quite popular on the ham bands, where type acceptance isn't required. Furthermore, I fail to see how it's Motorola's job to enforce spectrum.

It's just one of those things that bugs me. The primary reason I even have one of these radios is because Moto said I couldn't have one....and I didn't even have to import this one (which would've been illegal in itself).
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

I agree with you that the matter is between Motorola and the authorized representative. It's not the end-user's responsibility to make sure he is buying from the "right" organization, and it's a bit unreasonable to expect an end-user to know the intracacies of territories, marketing areas, vertical tiers, and any other buzzword you can think of.

As far as what the radios are being used for, it's actually not OK to resell a ham radio that is not type accepted if it will go anywhere but ham freqs. You can build one for your own personal use, but any radio manufactured or marketed in the US must adhere to type acceptance rules. Pilot tried to get around this by saying that the radios were for amateur use only, but the FCC still held that the radios could easily go outside of ham frequencies (and in the instant matter, the GP68s or whatever can go out of ham bands).

Pilot ended up settling the forfeiture by paying only a percentage of the original amount, but I do believe they had to donate some money to various charities and said they would not sell the radios any longer.

Motorola is not policing any spectrum, and to be honest I don't even know how involved they get or that they even care about this gray market. All I know is what they are supposed to do :D
w4rez

Post by w4rez »

escomm wrote: As far as what the radios are being used for, it's actually not OK to resell a ham radio that is not type accepted if it will go anywhere but ham freqs. You can build one for your own personal use, but any radio manufactured or marketed in the US must adhere to type acceptance rules. Pilot tried to get around this by saying that the radios were for amateur use only, but the FCC still held that the radios could easily go outside of ham frequencies (and in the instant matter, the GP68s or whatever can go out of ham bands).
I understand this. Pilot was a business, however. Going after individuals with a radio or two for sale should be a completely different matter. Who cares if I sell my radio on eBay?
Motorola is not policing any spectrum, and to be honest I don't even know how involved they get or that they even care about this gray market. All I know is what they are supposed to do :D
I haven't heard of them doing anything in awhile. But a few years ago they were pretty notorious for canceling eBay auctions for GP68's.

Here's the legal document. Scroll down past all the spiel about RSS and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's pretty heavy-handed legal horse excrement, imo. But then again isn't every legal document produced by Motorola's vultures?

http://www.pimpworks.org/Motorola_Copyright.pdf

I know that Motorola isn't interested in making ham equipment because there's not a big enough market for them to bother. However, I would imagine it would take very little time to modify the flash/microcode on the GP68/GP88 radios to only cover the ham bands. They could then allow these to be sold stateside to the hams that wanted them and then people would no longer have the "I want to use it on 2 meters" excuse for importing the "illegal" ones, and they could save face with the public (those of us who care, anyhow) and maybe even make a buck or two.
W4WTF
was KF4PEP

Post by W4WTF »

I see everyone saying that GP-68's are not type accepted, but since there is a type acceptance number and documents on file with the FCC, unless the later models had some major changes from the early ones that shipped with the number, they all should be type accepted.

Just because /\/\ stopped putting a number on them doesn't change the technical specs or acceptance. After all if I can recase a JT-1000 and it doesn't have the number on it any longer... but it is still legal.
w4rez

Post by w4rez »

W4WTF wrote:I see everyone saying that GP-68's are not type accepted, but since there is a type acceptance number and documents on file with the FCC, unless the later models had some major changes from the early ones that shipped with the number, they all should be type accepted.

Just because /\/\ stopped putting a number on them doesn't change the technical specs or acceptance. After all if I can recase a JT-1000 and it doesn't have the number on it any longer... but it is still legal.
Seems that I remember reading somewhere that Moto voluntarily rescinded type acceptance for them, or the FCC revoked it once they discovered how easy it was to make them frequency agile.

Either way it's a great big lollerpalooza watching them (seemingly) get their legal knickers in a knot about it.

"Buy my products and I sue you!" Boy that's great marketing, isn't it?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

w4rez wrote:
I understand this. Pilot was a business, however. Going after individuals with a radio or two for sale should be a completely different matter. Who cares if I sell my radio on eBay?
Nobody should. Unless you're selling 50 or 100 of your radios :P
radio230

Post by radio230 »

So, since it seems many people have had bad dealings with this guy, does anybody have a number to like Motorola Security, or some office where we could repeoreet this guy as peddling his counterfiet S***. I don't want to sems like a jerk, but it is just 1 or 2 people, or just a chager or mi or 2. I just want to see something done to this guy. He makes anyone that sells on ebay (or off) look bad. At least in my opinion.
Dan Collins
Crimestopper

Post by Crimestopper »

In regards to the battery and the fakes, that seller who claims they are OEM is full of it. No outsource company in there right mind would sell to a small time dealer to make a few bucks. ECM, Celistica, or Assoicates, would not take a chance and risk a contract with Motorola to sell a few items to a small time dealer. My guess is that certian manfactures over in China are able to copy the "production tooling" of most motorola accessories, including speaker mic's, batteries, chargers, and antennas. Some are hard to tell from the untrained eye, but the sellers listed above are not selling true OEM. I can make a ton of money on Ebay if I did the same thing but I have one thing they don't, which is morals. This issue is going to be more common since motorola does not do anything to stop this problem....

If you want to report possible fakes to Motorola you can contact the following...

Patrick L. Harrington
Manager of Intellectual Property Enforcement
Motorola Government and Enterprise Mobility Solutions
1301 E. Algonquin Road, SH-3P
Schaumburg, Illinois 60196
Email (correspondence): cndt01@email.mot.com
Telephone: (847) 576-2418
FAX: (847) 538-7163
Last edited by Crimestopper on Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
radio230

Post by radio230 »

Maybe we should all get together and contact Motorola as a group. I for one am not out much money in the deal, but for principals, this guy is a scam artist and will continue ripping people off unless we (his victims) stand up and do the right thing to get him shut down. I would be willing to help organize a unified complaint with Motorola, but I am usually very busy and do not have much experience dealing with Corp., and from what I hear Motorola is difficult at times. If someone else is willing to spearhead this, I am willing to help in anyway I can. I have all emails from my transaction with him, plus printed out the austion pag before Ebay purged it. Just let me know by posting here or PMing me.

Also, Moderators and Admins, is there a chance of starting a sticky post somewhere so people can post warnings about bad Ebay sellers they have dealt with. I am sure alot of those who buy/sell/trade here also do so on Ebay from time to time. Just a thought :wink:
Dan Collins
w4rez

Post by w4rez »

After threatening to contact Motorola about this charger, the guy refunded my money and replied with this:
will refund your money, but not because I am acknowledging sending counterfeit product, but because I state in my listings that I offer a 30-day money back guarantee.

Let me advise you on a couple of legal issues. My attorney advises me that if you decide to make formal charges to the police or informal charges to Motorola you are opening yourself up for litigation. If you choose to consult an attorney you should inquire about the issue of tortious interference with a business enterprise.

I have already checked my inventory and do not find the problem you are describing on any other units. Could you have been sent the wrong product...sure. Could there have been a quality control issue from Motorola's new manufacturing subcontractor...sure. But for you to make the leap to accuse me of selling counterfeit equipment is a huge step and one I advise against. You are in possession on NON serial numbered equipment and you cannot even prove it is the unit I sold you. How do I even know you are referring to the unit I sold you?

I am refunding your money right now. I suggest you send back the unit immediately or I will consider my own options in how to deal with your accusations. I have sold hundreds of these without a complaint. You can ask that overzealous Motorola dealer if they want to involve their company in litigation. If you choose to pursue this course of action it will be regrettable for you both.

Send back the charger and in the future you need to think twice before making such bold accusations. There is always more to any situation than just your own perspective.

Tim
Another lollerpalooza!
Wile E. Coyote
What radios do you own?: The best that low bid can buy.

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

:roll:

Clearly the seller has taken offence. Hmm...

Personally I would love to see pictures of the fake just so that I know what to look out for in the future.

At least you got your money back!

~WEC
w4rez

Post by w4rez »

I'd thought about taking pictures and now that somebody has asked, I shall do that sometime later today.
Crimestopper

Post by Crimestopper »

stand your ground and maybe one day someone at Motorola might do something about this...your not the first to complain about this seller.

You can always send to Motorola to verify if it is real or not, my guess is that they will call you and ask where you got it.

Ask the seller if he would mind if you send it to motorola for verification.

You can also tell the seller to contact your attorney for misrepresentation, and selling counterfit goods. When ever someone is backed into a corner they always say that "my attorney will contact you"....BS, and total Horse Dung.

STAND YOUR GROUND and I appluad you for speaking up to this seller.

I sell on Ebay once a year to clear out my junk, and no way would I offer a refund until I get the goods back. He is just trying to shut you up and hope you will go away. If he has already gave you a refund, then send the charger to motorola for verification. If they keep it, which they probably will, then I will get you a GP68 OEM charger at my cost. Don't worry about the charger being for a GP68, since there are several other radios that are domestic that support that battery.

take a look at this picture from the ebay auction and decide for yourself...look at the Motorola inside the bay and tell me what you see.

It look like the Motorola word was written with a hand engraver, that is just on the outside.
http://i24.ebayimg.com/03/i/05/87/ab/04_1.JPG
w4rez

Pictures

Post by w4rez »

Outside view:

Top of PCB:

Bottom of PCB:

Wall wart:

Crimestopper

Post by Crimestopper »

The adapter and the base are a joke and you can tell from a mile away.....The real GP68 charger should be the same guts as the SP50 charger. In fact, that is what motorola did...they just used a special insert cup for the SP50 rapid charger. I know becuase I have seen a fair share of GP68's CP50's and other progammable radios from Motorola.....Thanks for the post
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

Wow, That's Ghetorolla.

First ginormous give away is that the wall-wart, the /\/\ sticker is sideways. The logo should be on top.

:roll:
Bat2way

Post by Bat2way »

Still boils down to people thinking they are saving a dollar or trying to stuff it in their own pocket.

This whole thing smells like S**T. Why do people patronize the sellers of this junk?
Randy
w4rez

Post by w4rez »

Well like you said...to save a buck.

I'm a ham operator and general tinkerer. My life nor anybody else's life nor anybody's business is at stake with my radios. It's a hobby, and is only one among many rather expensive ones. So...I try to save whenever possible...and sometimes I guess I'm gonna get bitten on the arse.
giguchan
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: CDM 1550's UHF/VHF HT1550'S

Post by giguchan »

1. you pay for dodgy gear you get dodgy gear.
2.buy from moto dealer.
3. you get no problems.
I do and have not been shafted yet.
Radios by Fisher-Price? Never!!!
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
w4rez

Post by w4rez »

If my business or life depended on it, sure, I'd buy from a dealer. It's-just-a-hobby. Either way I don't think it's too much to expect OEM products when they're advertised as such, regardless of whether or not it's a dealer.
Motofanatic

Post by Motofanatic »

I agree with you w4rez... even though it's only a hobby and most of us (hams or not) would like to save a buck or two, false advertising and misrepresentation of product has nothing to do with the cost of the item.

BTW, thanks for posting those pictures. That circuit board appears to be cheap 1/16" stuff as opposed to 1/8" thickness that Motorola would use on a circuit board that is going to be subject to physical pressure from the contact springs.

Also regarding that AC adapter... that is totally FAKE because:

1) the label is printed 'landscape' but I believe most transformers from M are labelled in 'portrait' (e.g. rotated 90 degrees as pictured)

2) the part # is wrong. I looked up that part # and it comes back to the 220V transformer for the SP50. Yet the label describes it as the 110V 50Hz version. The part # for the 110V 60Hz transformer is 2580550D01. I could understand a part being mislabelled (and that is a stretch), but the part # vs. the specification on the label itself are conflicting and that is the big tip-off.
fogster
What radios do you own?: XTS2500/5000, XPR7550/5550

Post by fogster »

emsbuff3240 wrote:
emsdadtimbo wrote:Incidentally, I am also an authorized Motorola Parts Distributor and that fact is also verifiable.

Thank you,

Tim Blake
emsdadtimbo
Has anyone taken him up on this offer? (I'm not on MOL, which is where I gather you'd verify this information.) I figure it can't hurt either way: they'll either say he's not authorized (in which case he lied to you), or they'll say he is, and, in turn, be awfully interested that he's selling counterfeit goods.
radio230

Post by radio230 »

If someone could confirm through Motorola is he IS or IS NOT an authorized dealer. Also, are any other "victims" of his willing to contact Motorola. Just one complaint may not go very far, but multiple persons with various parts may compel Motorola to do something against him. If he is an authorized dealer, at least, maybe, pull that from him.

As crimestopper said, we all need to stand up and do the right thing and see that this person is stopped. I don't care if he is made to issue refunds, see jail time, pay hefty fines, or anything of this sort. I just want to make sure he is made stop selling counterfeit crap!

Also, Bat2way and giguchan, if I had alot of surplus cash I would go only to an authorized dealer instead of looking around eBay. The fact is I do not. I purchased my CP200 new on Ebay, it came in origanal box, with everything still factory sealed. I paid around $350.00 for it with programming included. SECOM, my local "Authorized Motorola Dealer", the same one my police department goes through, wanted $525.00 for the same radio WITHOUT programming. I saved roughly $200.00 for the same thing and I have had ZERO problems with it. The point comes down to if someone is going to sell somthing, saying it is something it is not, that person is the problem, not the unknowing victim who is simply trying to find the best deal possibly, trying to stretch they money as far as possible.
Dan Collins
w4rez

Post by w4rez »

Been having fun fighting with this guy through email. He's threatening to sic my state AG on me for interfering with commerce or something. It's funny that I called the AG's office today and they told me "Uhh...we take complaints from consumers about businesses, not the other way around." It's even funnier that he's pulled all of his so-called OEM items from his eBay store.
radio230

Post by radio230 »

Well, I recieved the replacement HMN9026 mic today, it is an even worse fake than the first. Even I, not being an expert on such things, can tell this is an obvious fake. The lapel clip is smooth plastic and is missing the trademark circle /\/\ on the back. The metal plate the clip attaches to is secured with cheaply riveted, I mean COME ONE. Oh, also the case screw on the back is SILVER, not the normal BLACK. w4rez, we need to quit dealing with this guy and go to Motorola directly. He needs to be brought down hard. I plan on sending both the mics I have from him (that don't even match each other despite being the same model supposedly). Everyone need to come together and take care of this dude.

Ohh, and to make matters worse the new mic he sent me today DOES NOT EVEN WORK RIGHT!!! It clicks before and after every transmission or recieve. This guy is nothing but a crook.

Let's band together guys and make this dude pay.
Dan Collins
Crimestopper

Post by Crimestopper »

I applaud all members that stood up to this seller, and I will be more than happy to voice my complaint to Motorola as well....stand your ground and don't be intimated by this fool. A quick note this seller makes a ton of money on Ebay selling goods that are fake and stealing your hard earned dollars. If you look he is still selling the HMN9026 Speaker Mic and well as a HT750 charger that is a knock off as well. Just remember he is still selling these mic's as OEM with stickers on them as well, he just changed his verbiage. Be sure to voice your complaint to Motorola and I'm sure other dealers will do the same.

This seller need to be taught a lesson, and don't be intimated by his threats. Maybe someone should contact the Arizona Attorney General and voice a complaint as well, since he is located in Arizona. He is not a full line or even a radius dealer but he could be a parts dealer. My grandma could become a parts dealer as well. Just because he might be a parts dealer does mean that he sells legit stuff. Tim Blake if you are reading this message be aware that members on Batlabs will not sit by and watch you rip off others.

One last note if you bought something from him and you are not satisfied you can always leave negative feedback. Be sure to wait to the 89 day after the auction closes and he wont be able to retaliate with negative feedback. If you review his negatives you will see that his M.O.
giguchan
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: CDM 1550's UHF/VHF HT1550'S

Post by giguchan »

you might be able to teach him a lesson by NOT buying his garbage..
Radios by Fisher-Price? Never!!!
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
w4rez

Post by w4rez »

giguchan wrote:you might be able to teach him a lesson by NOT buying his garbage..
Well if I'd known that he was selling junk I wouldn't have bought it to begin with...and I'm sure not going to be a repeat customer. ;)
Crimestopper

Post by Crimestopper »

The problem is that the Batlab community is very small in comparison to Ebay buyers. Most buyers on Ebay don't know about batlabs, and they would not know any better. I think most people that come to this site are educated and know what they want, however the typical consumer does not know any better. Thus by getting this seller to quit selling CR*P to others we are doing the public a favor. I agree to don't buy his stuff, but also he need to stop misrepresenting product that is not true OEM.
w4rez

Post by w4rez »

Latest word from him:
You obviously have no idea who you are *censored* with...you have provoked the wrong person this time. I hope you have had fun. It will not be very fun for you very soon.

You are either very young or very naive, or both. You have zero understanding how the law works. Your postings on Batlabs sealed your libelous fate.

Enjoy the fallout...I know I will. Also, enjoy your charger obtained via the use of a fraudulent refund scheme.

I would suggest you cease the harrassing phone calls and emails. I own the company, so you can't create a problem for me, only more for yourself.

Tim
As a side note I called him one time and left a polite message to call me. Far from harassing. My emails to him haven't been as nice, admittedly.

Can I take it from this message that he's giving me permission to keep this crappy charger in spite of the fact that he's given me a refund?
txshooter

Charger

Post by txshooter »

w4rez wrote:Latest word from him:
You obviously have no idea who you are *censored* with...you have provoked the wrong person this time. I hope you have had fun. It will not be very fun for you very soon.

You are either very young or very naive, or both. You have zero understanding how the law works. Your postings on Batlabs sealed your libelous fate.

Enjoy the fallout...I know I will. Also, enjoy your charger obtained via the use of a fraudulent refund scheme.

I would suggest you cease the harrassing phone calls and emails. I own the company, so you can't create a problem for me, only more for yourself.

Tim
As a side note I called him one time and left a polite message to call me. Far from harassing. My emails to him haven't been as nice, admittedly.

Can I take it from this message that he's giving me permission to keep this crappy charger in spite of the fact that he's given me a refund?
If this transaction was done through Paypal, I am guessing he will say that you never sent the charger back as required and try to get PayPal to come after you for the money on it again. I would simply contact Motorola as was suggested very early on in this post.

They may not even need to be contacted by you, as I am fairly sure that this post has already been noticed by the powers that be over at Mother M.
Scott B.
"Never argue with seven men when you are carrying a six shooter..."

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”