DES in Expo, other accessories?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radio-link

DES in Expo, other accessories?

Post by radio-link »

Hi!

Just because I would have liked an Expo during the 80ies and could not afford one, now I finally got some of them, together with the 6-slot charger, but the batteries are totally dead. In germany they are around 70US$ each, so importing them from a cheap US source could be much cheaper then buying them here, also I would like to get some stubby antennae for them (150 MHz range).

But the main question is, can they be equipped with DES hybrids? If so, what part number must I look for? Two of them already have 5-tone boards, but when looking at the schematics, it does not look as DES is just plug-in without any mods.

I really want to spend them new crystals, to be used on the german FRS like free frequencies :)
regards - Ralph, dk5ras

--

Ralph A. Schmid http://www.bclog.de ralph@schmid.xxx
Tel./SMS +49-171-3631223

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”