Spectra Remote Head Questions

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

flynsqad

Spectra Remote Head Questions

Post by flynsqad »

Hello, I am a newbie with 3 questions regarding the spectra remote head and the pigtail that splits off. First, the ignition sense that came with the radio is only a red wire, I have seen other threads where you talk of an orange and green, do I have the wrong one?Second I accquired an ignition sense kit for the dash mount spectra and was wondering if the kit was compatible with the remote head or if it would work in the accessory port on the radio itself? My final question is if I have to make my own what size fuse should be in the ignition sense lead? Thank you in advance! :-?
57Shasta

Post by 57Shasta »

Sounds like you have a remote A5 or A7 Spectra (see Batlabs model decipher page). It is correct to have the DB-15 connector with the single red ignition sense wire. Stock /\/\ cables come with a 4 amp fuse. A remote head plugs into the short pigtail off the head. A dash mount will plug into the rear chassis connector.

Orange/green leads where used on the Spectra 9000 (A9) radio.

The DB-15 Cable is used for both dash and remtote mount.
flynsqad

spectra remote head question

Post by flynsqad »

Thank You 57shasta!!!!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”