Kenwood Fleetsync Question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KG4LHQ

Kenwood Fleetsync Question

Post by KG4LHQ »

Hello,

I am trying to program a friends radio he has 6 TK-2170's and trying to get the Fleetsync's going. I'm sorry for being off topic but I really need to figure this out. Mods please allow for a few days for responses and if none please close.

For the channel that wants Opt Signal in the KPG-101D programming I have FLEETSYNC activated.

Fleet ( Own ) 100
ID (Own) 1000
Unit ID Encode Block 1000 - 4999
Fleetsync Baud Rate 1200
Emergency Status Response None
Message Display Type: Alternate
PC Interface Protocol: Version 1

All are checked at the bottom left

Nothing in the group ID

For the ID List I have the following.

Fleet ID Name TX Inhibit
100 1001 Daniel No

I have 5 more like that...

I have PTT sidetone activiated and I also have free channel tone and busy channel lock out activiated.

I can not get each radio to show the name that is programmed... Your help will be greatly appreciated.
tom IL

Post by tom IL »

Your sure that you have the fleetsync activated on the channel? I know on our 3180's at work I had to turn it on for each channel kind of like how an mdc system has to be chosen for each personality in motorola's cps.
KG4LHQ

Post by KG4LHQ »

Yes sir,

For each channel in the Opt Signal I have it say Fleetsync.

He's going to ship me 2 of them so I can play around with it and see what the radio is doing w/ my eyes.
commtek
Batboard $upporter

Post by commtek »

PTT ID needs turned on per channel. Optional signalling is for receiving fleet sync. Look at the channel options page.
muggsy09

Post by muggsy09 »

Not too sure on the 2170, but I have done work on 3160s and 380s and 880s. Now make sure that each radio is using PTT ID enabled.
Make sure the baud rate is the same for each unit usually 1200bps and also leave the Unit ID encode block BLANK.
Message Display type- Alternate
and make sure Caller ID is checked.
Now go to ID list and you can start to allias the IDs.
To get a PTT ID to transmit, set up FleetSync like you have, then click on EDIT, a menu will drop down, click on OPTIONAL FEATURES, the click on the COMMON PAGE 2 tab, then go to PTT ID section and set it for Fleetsync.
Return to the channel info. screen and click the channel edit button and set PTT to BOT or EOT or both whatever your prefrence.
Hope this helps.
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

Make sure your radios are new enough for the firmware to accept fleetsync. Some are not.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”