ASN on a spectra "TROUBLE"

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Radio Intelligence Agency

ASN on a spectra "TROUBLE"

Post by Radio Intelligence Agency »

Hi,
This morning I tried to add an asn unit on my spectra. I could only program it when setting it to FF External. I first thought I should want to set it up as Advanced External. Nevertheless the spectra goes into "self check" every two minutes or so. Then I pgrgrammed it again as secure "disabled" but it still goes into "self check" over and over. I found that the remote cable somehow made this problem accour as I normally use another remote cable which function well. When enabling the asn and keyloading it with a single key (the multikey option did not accour on the keyloader) I had a conversation with one of my mates (des-xl) but as last time (few years ago) I couldn´t TX in secure only RX worked! How come? There are space for two hybrids in the asn unit and right now I use only one (the left one when looking one the box where the medeco keys are). I gotta say that this asn originally had the fas* hybrid in it when I purchased it. I do have several boxes on the shelves can I use another using the same cabling as goes for the fas* type?
I seriously need some advice on how to use this type of securenet hardware and how to get it working properly.

Thanks in advance guys :wink:
Keep it under your hat.

Man´s got to know his limitations.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”