Systems 9000 VIP Connector Alert

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kc7gr
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Sunair (HF).

Systems 9000 VIP Connector Alert

Post by kc7gr »

Fellow techies,

Bad news for those working with Spectra, Astro Spectra, and Syntor X9000 heads. The VIP connector body, Moto part #15-80221J01, had a warning message on it that it will no longer be available after depletion of the current stock. I found this out just minutes ago, when I ordered a couple for the Techmobile.

That particular part is definitely a 'Moto Custom' item, so... If you even think you're going to need some, I would strongly recommend getting your order in as fast as you can type it.

Happy tweaking.
Bruce Lane, KC7GR
"Raf tras spintern. Raf tras spoit."
kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

Post by kb0nly »

No surprise there, all the Sys 9000 stuff, be it Spectra or X9K, is going bye bye this year.

Last time i called them to ask about some parts i was told i should order "for future use" as the entire product line will be slowly marked NLA or subject to depletion this year.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage
SlimBob

Post by SlimBob »

IIRC those VIP bodies are like $37 apiece though...

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”