MCX-100's to the amateur band

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wbickle

MCX-100's to the amateur band

Post by wbickle »

Anybody know someone who'll modify MCX-100'sfor use on amateur radio frequencies? I tried emailing and subsequently calling Brinkley Electronics, but got no response.

Bill W2ET
Stage 2
What radios do you own?: HT1000,MT1000, HT50,MAXTRAC

Re: MCX-100's to the amateur band

Post by Stage 2 »

Contact Bruce Lane at http://www.bluefeathertechnologies.com I have dealt with him before. He is a member here on Batlabs under his call sign KC7GR. I actually have an MCX100 myself that at some point am going to have him do just what you are asking for me. While these radios originally came with an Eprom that could only be "burned" or programmed once, he can get double Eproms that are re-programmable if needed. Bruce told me that he has already done this on this radio for others. He is a very pleasant person to deal with and, has very reasonable rates! His specialty as you will see, is converting commercial equipment for Amateur use!
RAILROADS: AMERICA'S MOST VITAL TOOL FOR ENERGY CONSERVATION.
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

Post by Jim2121 »

Stage 2 wrote:Contact Bruce Lane at http://www.bluefeathertechnologies.com I have dealt with him before. He is a member here on Batlabs under his call sign KC7GR. I actually have an MCX100 myself that at some point am going to have him do just what you are asking for me. While these radios originally came with an Eprom that could only be "burned" or programmed once, he can get double Eproms that are re-programmable if needed. Bruce told me that he has already done this on this radio for others. He is a very pleasant person to deal with and, has very reasonable rates! His specialty as you will see, is converting commercial equipment for Amateur use!
I think this is the correct link: http://www.bluefeathertech.com/
wbickle

Post by wbickle »

Thanks! I had stumbled upon a mention of Blue Feather somewhere along the way, but the link was dead.

Will contact him right away.

Bill W2ET
Stage 2
What radios do you own?: HT1000,MT1000, HT50,MAXTRAC

Post by Stage 2 »

OOPS! My bad on the link. Thanks for the correction Jim! :lol:
RAILROADS: AMERICA'S MOST VITAL TOOL FOR ENERGY CONSERVATION.
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

Post by Jim2121 »

Stage 2 wrote:OOPS! My bad on the link. Thanks for the correction Jim! :lol:
no problem! Yea Stage2, Bruce is the man to contact......
wbickle

Post by wbickle »

Uh, oh. Both email links on the website' home page bounce back. The site says to call or fax, but mentions no numbers... One of the stray pages on the site mentions a "backup" email address. Will try that today.

Bill
ke7joi

Post by ke7joi »

I E-mail him all the time. What are you using for an e-mail address? He has very strong filter as he runs his own server. I can say he does very good work He recap and programed a spectra for me he does good work. I am using the spectra daily on the 2 meter ham band.
Joel
KE7JOI
1 900 Spectra
1 VHF Spectra
3 900 GTX Portables
1 900 GTX Mobile
wbickle

Post by wbickle »

ke7joi

Post by ke7joi »

Sorry maybe I said that wrong what is your E-mail address? He has had to block some subnets and providers due to spam. I am not sure which ones but I do know AOL is one of them that will get blocked.
Joel
KE7JOI
1 900 Spectra
1 VHF Spectra
3 900 GTX Portables
1 900 GTX Mobile
wbickle

Post by wbickle »

Email address sent to you via PM.

Bill
kc7gr
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Sunair (HF).

Post by kc7gr »

Bill, sorry to hear you had contact trouble. Check your PM's, please.
Bruce Lane, KC7GR
"Raf tras spintern. Raf tras spoit."
wbickle

Post by wbickle »

Two apologies..

First, to Andy Brinkley, for my impatience, He had been out of the office for an extended period, which is why I didn't hear from him, and

Second, to Bruce Lane, for failing to see his fax and phone contact info on his home page, right there in front of me...

Back to my hole in the ground..

Bill

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”