Need some repair Help - Shoulder Mike

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

GradyMedic

Need some repair Help - Shoulder Mike

Post by GradyMedic »

I haven't delved into this yet, but I have two shoulder mikes for the MTS 2000 Flashport that need the gold fingers replaced on them. I have a bad mike, so I have some spare fingers.
Do the old ones unscrew at the base, and the entire piece comes out? Do I need to remove the rubber housing around the fingers first?

Just need a point in the right direction before I do something the wrong way and break it worse. I did a search for the repair and didn't come up with anything. Any help would be appreciated.
Bruce1807

Re: Need some repair Help - Shoulder Mike

Post by Bruce1807 »

take out the screw and remove the rubber.
The cct board should then come out .
Of course practice this on the faulty one first.
GradyMedic

Post by GradyMedic »

Which screw? The only screw is the one that locks the shoulder mike on to the radio at the hinge. I can't find any others... As far as the rubber goes, just pull it out to remove it? It seems set in a channel and I don't want to rip it...

Thanks
werdnuts
Batboard $upporter

Post by werdnuts »

no offense, but just buy a new one.

or scrounge a new cable.

I have messed around with the universal connector. the contacts are a :o to solder unless you have the right tools... i didnt and found it was easy to overheat the surrounding and screw up their solders.
-werdnuts

VoIP# BAT-CRAP (2727)

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”