dynamic priority scan not available in trunking?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

adlertom

dynamic priority scan not available in trunking?

Post by adlertom »

It appears that the dynamic priority feature is not an available option for a trunking priority monitor scan list, at least not on an XTS5000. It's available for conventional scan lists, but not for trunking ones.

Nuisance delete is available however for both conventional and trunking.

Is this indeed the case, or am I missing something?
dirtrat

Re: dynamic priority scan not available in trunking?

Post by dirtrat »

Priority scan will work in trunking, however it won't work on Multi-System scan. In other words you can either scan multiple systems or scan one system with Priority Scan. Also as far as I know Conventional mode counts as a System.
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

From what I have seen, Dynamic priority AKA (floating 2nd priority channel) has only been available on the conventional side.. Even though you can assign priority monitor as a scan type on Smartnet/Smartzone systems, it wont let you add the dynamic priority. So no, you're not missing anything...

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
adlertom

Post by adlertom »

Thank you. Perhaps someday /\/\ will see fit to add this feature.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”