mts2000 password, ugh.

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

nh7cy
What radios do you own?: one of each

mts2000 password, ugh.

Post by nh7cy »

Awhile ago, I purchased an Mts2000 off of greedbay that supposedly *worked great when last programmed*. Upon programming it (it had been deprogrammed at the time of purchase), it was found that the previous owner had set a password in cps. By the time this was attempted, the seller had fallen out of contact. Btw, I checked the stolen radio database and this radio wasn't in there. Is there any way around this, or am I just the proud owner of a very expensive paperweight?
Jason B
Operating VHF AM mobile - On the air, In the air.
Rayjk110
Banned

Re: mts2000 password, ugh.

Post by Rayjk110 »

There's usually a way around everthing. 8)

I haven't personally played with passwords on the MTS series, but -

If you're using MT/S CPS, it very well could be the same procedure used with password recovery on the Waris series radios. Do a search for it and you should find it.
PhillyPhoto
was LuiePL
What radios do you own?: XTS5000, APX2000

Post by PhillyPhoto »

Would cloning work in this case?
nh7cy
What radios do you own?: one of each

Post by nh7cy »

I've been wondering about cloning as well. I don't have the radio on me at the moment, but I'll try just that when I get it.

Thanks
Jason B
Operating VHF AM mobile - On the air, In the air.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”