MCS2000 "Hack"?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bellersley
No Longer Registered

MCS2000 "Hack"?

Post by bellersley »

Hey guys, here's an interesting one for you. I took a look at a friend's MCS2000 (800MHz). Its Radio ID was programmed as "0". He didn't program it, rather he had a 2-way shop do it for him. I know the Maxtrac and GTX radios would take 700000 as a radio ID, but I've never heard of an MCS2000 being able to do that. Any idea how they would have gone about doing so? I'm guessing some kind of CPS/RSS hack would be involved, or could you just hex-edit the codeplug / S-Record?
Rayjk110
Banned

Re: MCS2000 "Hack"?

Post by Rayjk110 »

Possibly shift key if it's RSS? :P I too find it odd that it would accept 0 as a valid radio ID #. Did you try it yourself yet with your own setup?

In a [somewhat] related matter....I know all of my Astro portables will accept the Modat ID as 0 (which makes it sound cooler by the way - I never could figure out why).
bellersley
No Longer Registered

Re: MCS2000 "Hack"?

Post by bellersley »

Naw, tried the shift key but it didn't work (no surprise). I assume the reason they'd use an ID of 0 is so the radio wouldn't be successful at affiliating, nor would it ever get inhibited (to my knowledge, there's no way to send a command to a Radio ID of "0").

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”